iPhone Language Applications Are Awesome!

Mike Goodtime

I have had the iPhone 3GS for less than a month and am totally impressed with the applications available for the Thai language. QuikDict Thai Dictionary totally blows the famous Besta dictionary out of the water. Word Power Thai Edition is awesome to play around with when I have a couple of spare minutes. Lonely Planet Thai Edition is great if you like the Lonely Planet stuff.

On a side note: The iPhone totally supports the Thai language. Make sure any applications support Unicode, so you can use Thai in the applications.

Thanks for the info, Mike. :thumbup:

There's a truck-load of Thai dictionary apps on there, so it's nice to know ones that work ok.

There is also an app called "THAI CUTIES" for 99c US. Seems to provide pics of "cute Thai girls".. I'd rather take my own... hehe.. :grinyes:

Don't know iphone, but other phones sold in LOS/Asia, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, imobile etc all support thai sms & thai language coding/encoding more or less out of the box.

However that would only work for Thai writers or perhaps apparently with iphone if having 'automatic translation app' & thus non thai writers/speakers can sms their non english friends/lovers when/where/why to meet for the next shag LOL :hubba:

Umm maybe that iphone ain't that bad after all is it? :hmmm:

So you can type SMS's in Thai, no problem? Out of the box, or do you need an app for it?

That is correct. All you need to do is go into the Setting, then General, then Keyboard, then International Keyboard, and click all the languages that you want. When your using a function or application with the iPhone and the keyboard comes, you will tap on the Globe icon to switch between all the languages you picked. Note: Only pick the languages you will actually use, or you will get a headache clicking through all the languages you picked. If the globe does not pop up, as it does not in some applications, there will be some other icon to switch between language keyboards. I have one application where I have to do this. It is super simple. No worries.

It is awesome! The iPhone wins hands down with all the cool applications--not just the Thai ones.

P.S. Just one piece of wisdom on application. The most expensive application is not always the best one. I have learned this a few times already :( You buy an application that is pricey and it sucks. Then you have to buy the better and cheaper application. Read all the information on the application before you buy it.

Archived