OK, it looks like Phuket or Khao Lak now...

Opinions on The Sarojin in Khoa Lak or the Indigo Pearl on Nai Yang Beach in Phuket...

Vampy really likes the idea of the private swimming pools going with the rooms. Very sexy, she sez. Works for me, I say. So...reviews, other recommendations or whatnot?

Remember, we are only gonna stay for a long weekend, so keep that in mind when recommending things to do. We'll likely spend most time at the hotel (save a dinner night out with friends who live in Phuket -- a draw to go there for sure).

Yes, I know that this moves the budget up to ~B9k/night :banghead: but :dunno: whatever...

Cheers,

SD

Well I've been to the Indigo Pearl twice now...stayed 2 weeks on both occasions. I like the hotel, it's big, low rise and the rooms are well designed and most of all it's different....

Going this time of year it should be pretty quiet. As the grounds are quite large and there's lots of tropical flora and fauna, it feels quite private. You can wander around and not see a lot of folks.

3 pools for your enjoyment, with reasonably good staffing to attend to your whims.

The rooms with the individual pools are nice...good size, wonderful beds (I want one in Bangkok...I slept so well there) and all your mod cons. Nice bathrooms too. Room service is great btw...check out the menu.

You even get a personalised letter welcoming you...and a DVD to take with you. They often give you little gifts and attend to your room twice a day. Everything is safe and you can trust the room staff...

Food wise, the Thai restaurant set amidst a lake is nice...food ok...wine list ok...nothing amazing, but the ambience is good. The main restaurant does nice buffets every night..with usually a large choice of food. The main ala carte restaurant (the Rivet Grill) is great, with some wonderful food...Id recommend it...although it isn't cheap, a meal for 4 set me back 16,000 Baht! That was with 2 bottles of wine though....

There are 2 bars as well, one above the Rivet Grill, which is primarily a cocktail lounge. I liked it for relaxing. The other is a pool/snooker room with TV's playing various sporting events.

The beach is at the bottom end of the hotel, outside the grounds, athough it is easily accessible and a minutes walk from the hotel, across a road. They have a beach club if you wish to do the beach thing. The beach is very long, with a coral reef to the right...worth a peek at low tide...lots of fish and mollusks there...the beach is clean mostly and worth a walk along at sunset with your teerak. Some spectacular sunsets are to be had there...you can do the romantic bit if you so wish.

From the airport it is a few minutes drive. You don't usually hear the planes as they go away from the hotel, not towards it.

Getting to Phuket town is a bitch...but they do offer a taxi service. I think it is something like 1,500 Baht there and back again...the taxi guy will wait for you and return you for that price. I didn't do the journey but it is about 30 minutes by car if I recall correctly. The drivers are linked to the hotel (employed maybe?) so reliable...but for that price they ought to be!

Lots of trips/excursions available, but I guess you wont have time for any.

I'd recommend the massage/spa for your lady (or you!). Again it isn't cheap! But it is professional and they give you the full aromatherapy treatment. My mum spent a small fortune there during our stay. I think Ms Vampy would enjoy it. They of course offer the full range of products that ladies seem to enjoy so much...but which escape me!

Anyway, anymore info you need let me know. I like it as a hotel to go for a total chillout...even better with your lady. I hope to go there with mine one day.

Wish I could post photos....have lots....damn it.

Not on your list, but Le Meridian Khao Lak has great pool villas (VERY private, nudge nudge wink wink). I think I paid 6.5K baht per night last year at about this time. A beautiful place, with its own 5km beach. I'd go there again in a heartbeat.

Opinions on The Sarojin in Khoa Lak or the Indigo Pearl on Nai Yang Beach in Phuket...

Vampy really likes the idea of the private swimming pools going with the rooms. Very sexy, she sez. Works for me, I say. So...reviews, other recommendations or whatnot?

Remember, we are only gonna stay for a long weekend, so keep that in mind when recommending things to do. We'll likely spend most time at the hotel (save a dinner night out with friends who live in Phuket -- a draw to go there for sure).

Yes, I know that this moves the budget up to ~B9k/night :banghead: but :dunno: whatever...

Cheers,

SD

Haven't stayed in either resort, but I was in Koh Lak and passed by Sarojin Resort not long ago.

It is just 1 hour drive from Phuket Airport to Koh Lak town. Then it is over 1/2 hour drive to continue from Koh Lak town to white sand beach where Sarojin Resort is.

Sarojin Resort is very isolated in a quiet semi-private beach. The beach is quiet even in peak travel season because it is a fair distance from town and other hotel areas. Heard that it is a top notch 5* resort. Just keep in mind it is isolated from everywhere and of course bring plenty of bahts to enjoy.

Stayed Le Meridien Khao Lak recently & I always loved the LM despite it being a chain coz it usually stood out from the rest in the gang & this resort certainly does as well :up:

The beach as mentioned is directly attached & although no coral (that I noticed) there's a single basic restaurant at one end in case one needs real thai food!

Actually there's other amenities, restaurants out front as well if alternatives to the hotel is sought which can be refreshing at times.

I guess the pool villas is a plus too although I can't confirm other than more than decent 'standard' rooms.

Spa is very very nice though totally bliss in fact & lacking no detail whatsoever. For those inclined obviously. Anyone can use the spa pool though I guess could make for that perfect naughty swim/fuck once dark cloudy night :hubba:

For the meet in phuket town obviously staying on phuket island will make it more convenient, but whats a few hours drive? Might as well rent a car & save the obscene airport transfer/taxi rates altogether ;)

Enjoy lucky & horny bastard or is it just good, but changing plans!!!

The prob is coordinating our overblown schedules. I did not mention, but since we are "time-limited" we'd be looking at an "all-inclusive" resort. No time to explore, and all that, given our three day schedule. Not we don't want to, it is just not a likely possibility.

Thanks for the ideas lads!

Cheers,

SD -- if it were easy, I wouldn't ask LOL!

Indigo Pearl has it all, but then again so do the ones along Khao Lak...I really like IP, but I think I might check out the KL resorts at some point.

Lots of resort hotels about to choose from...looking at the websites so many look great.

Convenience wise Indigo Pearl beats them all...10 minutes or less from the airport, KL seems to be around the 1 hour drive away mark.

Archived