So, what's with the new Asia hotel rooms?

Has anyone else noticed, that the "trend" is to have "open bathrooms?" A bit weird, IMHO. Not that they are bad, but...just weird. As a mate said tonight:

"OK, if you are with someone whom you've been seeing for a while, the shower thing, that is. Might be a shock for that first "romantic" getaway trip with a new GF tho'. But the open toilet...well, I like my privacy for *some* things LOL! Again, if you are out with a new gal for a first trip away...well, it is bit of a statement, innit? One you may want to make more subtly, ideally."

YUP, agreed.

Here's a couple of pix of my latest room in Sillypore. Odd, anyway. But OK. Really odd is the fact at you see a bathtub as the first tining as you enter. To get into the room, you need to veer right 45 degrees. Again, odd, but not bad. Just odd.

This clear bathroom thing *IS* becoming a trend in Asia tho', for good or bad...

Thoughts?

Myself, I don't mind the open shower/tub. I actually like that.

But I'd rather not see my gal (nor her see me) taking a dump and wiping arse, as my friend said. SOME things are best left private IMHO :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.. it's weird IMO.

Is it to try and make the room look bigger by using glass??

I don't like it. If I turned up at a hotel with a new love-interest and there was an open bathroom I think she (and I) would feel uncomfortable.

I had one in China recently, but they had a curtain you could draw across the glass which worked fine.

Maybe put on your "guest comment card" that you don't like it. I would.

where is the toilet ? is that it in your first pic behind the shower ? if so, I would have no interest in a room like that, whether you known the gal for 10 min or 10 years, I like to shit in private and have no desire to watch my girl bake a cake !!

Amanta ratchada serviced apartments also has open bathroom, the nice touch is the wooden curtains which you can choose to leave open or closed.

IMO, the best serviced apartment in BKK at the moment for people who want big room + living room and kitchen + big bathroom with separate bath and shower and big bathtub (+ decent free wireless internet) at a low price.

Archived