Ho Chi Minh City ????

sanddawg1

Hi All

I’m thinking of splitting my next vacation between LOS and Ho Chi Minh City I have a friend that just went to work there so I will have a wing-man. Not worried about flights Air Asia has some great deals on those but I can’t find much info on nightlife and Sanuk.

Does anyone know some good websites similar to this one to research the HCMC action? Also I did run across this website about online visa applications pick-up visa at airport (sounds to good to be true). Anyone ever used this service?

VN Visa

Thanks. S1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dawg,

I managed to find it....

Here is a link to a trip report on Saigon

I did a while back.

I was there last month and nothing has changed.

Great place, but the sanook scene isn't as much fun as Thailand and can be a lot more mercenary.

Some real stunners there though!

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Moo.

I looked for one too - and spent a long time doing it - before I went to 'Nam for the first time.

Didn't find anything. :(

Just as a tip though - have a look at some of the "classifieds" on craigslist.org

Hanoi is a city devoid of much sanook, and I put an ad on craigslist saying I was coming to town and wanted a nice VN lass to "take care of me" :hubba:

I got a few replies. Ended up with one coming to my room in Hanoi for $50 USD for 2 hours and was mind-blowing sex. She was honest and said: "I like sex with foreigners and money, so everyone's happy".

Worked for me! :thumbup:

Oh.. lots of freelancers at Apocolypse Now nightclub in Saigon.

Finally.. NEVER go with a girl who pulls up next to you on a bike and offers her services. Quite often, they are a ladyboy, and other times, they will take you to a hotel ($20 or $30 is their going rate). When you're in the shower, there is a knock at the door. The girl then says "police come" and picks up her bag and runs out the door leaving you in the shower. As they have asked for money upfront (standard in Vietnam) you've already paid and can't do much about it. It's not much money to lose, but still a disappointing pain in the ass! :(

Archived