Obama's In Trouble With Health Care

Hugh_Hoy

I suspect this is so in other locales but one of my biggest beefs about the LAPD is they are used as a revenue generating organization moreso than to 'protect and serve' as their motto implies.

I used to attend a church several years ago that had 3 cops. They warned the congregation to make sure that break lights are fixed, etc., because the unofficial word is that the city needs money (monies from tickets go the general fund) and no more warnings. In Hollywood where there is a lot of traffic on weekend nights, cops are pulling over anyone for any old reason. When I lived there briefly, I would see them stop cars for what seemed like the offense was driving in their view. In Santa Monica and all over the west side there are cops trying to catch rush hour drivers for being the last one in a left turn green light if you didn't quite make it past the cross walk. Tons of cops. However, the department complains about a lack of cops to fight street crime in south central and east los angeles. They don't lack cops the cops are all in other parts of the city as well as a lot of cops on administrative duty and not patrolling.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These senators that get elected for four years and then get full salary retirement...bullshit!!!

Do they quit after four years?? This was even a question on the test in the other thread about citizenship. Senator's terms are 6 years..... :neener:

But I do agree with you. I wish I could make 174k USD a year plus great medical and other perks we'll never know about.

No gov employee should live better then the people that pay their wages...or something like that.

These senators that get elected for four years and then get full salary retirement...bullshit!!! worng and should be changed, like now!

My answer to this, just don't live in the USA and pay min taxes, fark 'em.

I call this "them and us".

The idea of education to be available to everybody is not a novel idea. K - 12th grade is available in a lot of countries. But for a country to be able to provide education to the Doctorate's level would be the best investment a country can give to its people. The cost of the program could be easily be paid for by the extra taxes the people will be paying into society.

I would even contemplate the amount of money to be made might be able to fuel the USA's health plan.

Archived