Was 9/11 a put on?

cavanami

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Curious here...I have doubts, being an engineer and seeing how the three buildings fell like a perfect demo execution...hmmmm, also I know that jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel, I worked in steel mills for some years and the mills use a BOF (Basic Oxygen Furnace) in the production of steel, that is they must add oxygen to make the process hot enough to melt steel and that is not the oxygen in the air but an added pure oxygen...so what about the molten steel that was flowing at the bottom of the buildings? didn't come from jet fuel (IMO)...anywho, just curious what others think...

What kind of an engineer are you? You don't have to melt the steel. When steel gets hot it loses strength. Ever seen a blacksmith in action? The iron is heated to soften it. The metal is never melted. This is what caused the collapse. The impact of the aircraft exposed the steel structure to the heat.

The jet fuel acted as a "lighter fluid" to get the inferno going. Foam padding, carpet, plastic, etc burns quite well.

What molten steel are you talking about? There was burning debris falling from the building.

Look at the damage caused in the San Fransisco earthquake. Buildings and highways "pancaked".

Link

Guest lazyphil

i find it hard to believe people find it hard to believe fuel laden commercial jets flying into buildings at 350mph would not level them. a cesna perhaps wouldn't.

who/why behind it all is of course a curiousity/mystery.

Mr. Curious here...I have doubts' date=' being an engineer and seeing how the three buildings fell like a perfect demo execution...hmmmm, also I know that jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel, I worked in steel mills for some years and the mills use a BOF (Basic Oxygen Furnace) in the production of steel, that is they must add oxygen to make the process hot enough to melt steel and that is not the oxygen in the air but an added pure oxygen...so what about the molten steel that was flowing at the bottom of the buildings? didn't come from jet fuel (IMO)...anywho, just curious what others think...[/quote']

What kind of an engineer are you? You don't have to melt the steel. When steel gets hot it loses strength. Ever seen a blacksmith in action? The iron is heated to soften it. The metal is never melted. This is what caused the collapse. The impact of the aircraft exposed the steel structure to the heat.

The jet fuel acted as a "lighter fluid" to get the inferno going. Foam padding, carpet, plastic, etc burns quite well.

What molten steel are you talking about? There was burning debris falling from the building.

Look at the damage caused in the San Fransisco earthquake. Buildings and highways "pancaked".

Link

There are many, many videos of the MOLTEN steel at the base of the buildings...and the third building that collapsed...that was NOT stuck by any airplane???

NONE of the items you list, carpet, foam would induce the steel to melt.

Sorry I don't buy the "party line", waaaaay too much does not make sense...the "plane" that hit th Pentagon and didn't knock down the street lights with the plane's wings, hmmmm...no engine parts found, hmmm...can you say missle, that hit the Pentagon?

Mr. Tin Hat

Mainly because jet fuel is hard to burn - regardless of those horror picture of crashes.

I always find it odd building full of concrete and steel even burn - I have watched waste being burnt - old chairs etc - it's dam hard.

Wasn't one of the reasons it was first thought of as a inside job was because a modern high rise hadn't ever collapsed before from burning- only to happen soon after 9/11 in Spain??????

I am of to Vientianne tomorrow LP - jealous ;)

Mr. Curious here...I have doubts, being an engineer and seeing how the three buildings fell like a perfect demo execution...hmmmm, also I know that jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel, I worked in steel mills for some years and the mills use a BOF (Basic Oxygen Furnace) in the production of steel, that is they must add oxygen to make the process hot enough to melt steel and that is not the oxygen in the air but an added pure oxygen...so what about the molten steel that was flowing at the bottom of the buildings? didn't come from jet fuel (IMO)...anywho, just curious what others think...

I gotta go with ya on that. Waaaayyyyyy too many "things that make ya go 'hmmmmm'" for my tastes. There was a lot more to it than they are telling, and waaaayyyyy too many "coincidences:" that allowed it to happen (e.g., lack of military air support cuz they were doing something else); and waaaayyyyy too many things that set off the "bullshit detector" like finding Atta's passport in the rubble Link or cell phone calls from airplanes.

Cheers,

SD

Wasn't one of the reasons it was first thought of as a inside job was because a modern high rise hadn't ever collapsed before from burning- only to happen soon after 9/11 in Spain??????

Ya, that's one of those "things that make ya go 'hmmmmm'." That building burned for 24 hours and did not fall over, yet was of almost identical design & construction as the WTC towers.

Cheers,

SD

Archived