Art Galleries in BKK?

kamui

That's great. I am not sure the exact date when I will be in BKK' date=' it will either around July 27 or Aug. 8...[/quote']

Hopefully the latter as I just found out he's out of town until the 7th.

Cheers,

SD

Too bad, since just planned to stay in BKK from July 27-30.

BTW, if someone is in the gallery area has interest to visit some galleries as well at the beginning of the next week, it would be a pleasure for me to meet him!!!

:beer:

If you are after quality paintings contemporary style I recommend Silom Gallery , Thavibu Room 308 . Primarily Vietnamese and some Thai . There are more in this building , Thavibu is internationally accepted as a quality outlet . Beware of using the hong nam with pants down , you might be separated from your luggage .

Another one is on second floor OP place , again Vietnamese artists .

Both places are expensive , 80 x 80 cm paintings 2000 USD up .

If you are after quality paintings contemporary style I recommend Silom Gallery , Thavibu Room 308 . Primarily Vietnamese and some Thai . There are more in this building , Thavibu is internationally accepted as a quality outlet . Beware of using the hong nam with pants down , you might be separated from your luggage .

Another one is on second floor OP place , again Vietnamese artists .

Both places are expensive , 80 x 80 cm paintings 2000 USD up .

Thanks for the tips. I don't want buy anything actually. I just want to look around a little bit. I only deal with art I have an expertise in and I don't know anything about SE-Asian art.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a galley a few soi from Rama 4 in Sala Deang, in the "gay" part of the area...maybe OH can confirm this and supply additional info (only because he is knowledgeable of Bangkok) :dunno:

If you know it, it must be gay.

As for galleries, there is an okish gallery on Soi 11 as you walk from Bed, go to the end of the street (not to Sukhumvit) then make a left abd a right, small gallery/shop is right there on the right. I have seen some interesting stuff in there, other times nothing exciting, but that is how it goes with art.

Archived