"Man, you suck at this!"

rchapstick

Thought I'd relate a funny story.

Hooked up with a long lost mate who is in the music business. He manages a few 70's/80's bands that still tour a bit. He was in the home state of one of the bands with the lead guitarist in a Best Buy. They cam across a 13 year old kid playing Guitar Hero to one of the band's signature songs (with a well know opening guitar riff). The Lead Guitarist, by all accounts from my mate, is a rather shy and unassuming guy these days, watched the kid intently.

After the kid finished the song, he noted the "old guy" watching him (clearly did not recognize him) and asked him if he wanted to try. Guitarist says sure, why not? So he picks up the Guitar Hero instrument and tries to replicate one of his songs.

After thirty seconds or so, the kid grabs the guitar in disgust, looks at the guy with disdain, and loudly proclaims "Man, you suck at this!"

Guitarist and my mate walk away shaking their heads.

Saw an interview with Slash who is supposedly associated with Guitar hero and he said he can't do very well on it either. I'd have to look hard for the interview so not gonna. You'll just have to believe me..... :neener:

Edit....I just remembered some guys here are really old. Slash is a pretty good guitar player who found first fame with Guns n Roses.

Slash

Archived