Soi Cowboy report

Observations of Japanese bar punters.

On average they are a lot younger and tend to be less overweight than farangs the former of which alone would probably give the Japanese a popularity advantage all other things being equal in most cases.

They also seem more polite and slightly more humble which could possibly add to their appeal.

The idea that the Japanese punters pay more than farang may come from the days 10 - 15 years ago when they were usually Jap business men on expense accounts. Then you didn't use to see many Japanese in the bars. The ones seen these days are just as likely to be plumbers, electricians, or ordinary office workers on holiday just like any other nationality, but the stereotype existing in the Thai psyche is that Jap = Rich business man.

Before the demise of "Lifetime Employment" in Japan after the bubble burst in the early 1990s, all of these new kind of Japanese tourist wouldn't have time for independent travel and would be limited to a 3 or 4 day package tour during Golden Week, just enough time to fit in sight seeing and shopping.

When I lived in Japan, my Japanese girlfriend was shit scared of walking alone along the canal/river tow path at night not because she was afraid of being raped, but because there might be ghosts.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He knows exactly what he was implying -- write only negative things about a place* and include that there were only Japanese there just implies that it is their fault (as this is a farang neighborhood).

Cheers,

SD

* -- fine, don't care and don't necessarily disagree

Exactly. Just a bullshit stereotype!

Cheers,

SD

What stereotype???

The one you provoked by initiating one?

I posted:

Rawhide had mainly Japanese customers, Deja Vu had 5 sex maniacs inside.

So the mention of "Japanese" is a stereotype and the mention of "5 sex maniacs" in Deja Vu in the same sentence goes unnoticed, does not draw your wrath upon me?

But we did notice you don't like the "arabs" owning the place, soomething wrong there?

I also was considering posting an extended trip report on my last week's mongering in Bangers and Pattaya, but I am anxious anything I post on this board will get you come out and slash at me for the pure pleasure of it, what a kick it must give you :surprised:

So be assured, no Isaan stories will ever come from this side of the planet.

Afraid you will have to relay on two other BM's to learn what will happen in that Isaan whorehouse later this week.

Insightful post!

This is probably a tired subject here, but I think one thing that may perturb some punters (not the OP) about the preponderance of Japanese in an open bar is the tendency of girls to gear themselves toward the Japanese customers and ignore the farangs.

Well, it's always the girl's choice, and my attitude is that I'm in the bar for fun, and I'm not trying to barfine anyone who's not interested in me, so no loss. If Miss Ippun, over the course of a few nights sees I'm having a good time in the bar with her friends, she might change her mind, but by that time I've probably lost interest myself.

Not a comment to anyone in particular, but...

If I was living in BKK again and had a gf, I don't think she'd like me hanging out in a street filled with pole-to-pole whores.... no matter how much "trust" was involved in the relationship. In fact, I never even admitted to a non-industry gf when I lived there that I had ever set foot in Cowboy, Nana or Patpong. ("Mai chorb honey! Mai koey bai!") I know every girl's different, but if I told a non-p4p-industry gf I was just going to an area like that "to meet friends" that would have rung alarm bells in her head for sure.

And at any rate, I probably wouldn't want to go "hang out" with BG's if I was in a fulfilling relationship anyway. (Whatever that is!)

Plenty of other "regular" venues to meet friends in where temptation isn't an issue. "Why go out for milk when you have a cow at home", as Al Bundy once said.

Each to their own I guess.

Sigh.. I love being single again! I'm the boss! Up to mmeeeeeee!! :grinyes:

But we did notice you don't like the "arabs" owning the place, soomething wrong there?

Nothing to do with Middle Easterners, everything to do with assholes.

Stop playing the victim and clutching your pearls to your chest. You know what you implied and pretending to faint at the thought doesn't change it.

But don't worry, I'll not respond to any of your posts again. You have my word, and it is good as gold.

cheers,

SD

Hey you there, (SD)

Rawhide used to be the first gogo I always visit hitting SC, and it was no different last week.

I enjoyed the pussy on show, was somewhat shocked they had this 15 year young girl working there, did not notice a single dancer having fun (THAT particular night) and had a thousand times better experience at Deja Vu, We all know gogo'a are hit and miss depending on who's there and the weather outside. And I did notice the Japanese clientele THAT evening.

I just had an enormous blast at Deja Vu, due to a customer and two galls taking care of him and subsequently we organised a foursome blast.

So allow me to compare the eye cleaning I had in Rawhide with the superblast at Deja Vu. It just happened in one place and not the other.

I don't give shit Rawhide was like this and Deja Vu like that. I am planning my next excursion over there and hope to visit Long Gun etc.

I could not do more than 2 places last week because I was not alone, otherwise I might have mentioned the other places.

I remember my first ever gogo, Darling, SC, December 1990, 23h: ZERO customers, Oh, I can not mention that, STEREOTYPING.

Then 2 Americans came in for a drink and did not have a single look at the BG's and they left 30 minutes later. Ah, I must be STEREOTYPING expats now :dunno:

in summary: you really are an obnoxious bastard, never giving up you being right, others being wrong. Get lost. :mad:

Stop playing the victim and clutching your pearls to your chest. You know what you implied and pretending to faint at the thought doesn't change it.

SD

This is the usual crap from you I refer too.

I worked with people from more nationalities than you ever did, never had a dent with any of them.

Accusing me of anything because I mention a place had mostly people from XYZ is pure heresy on your side.

No more reactions to come from my side, I am out here.

Archived