Soi Cowboy report

If there is no trust, there is no relationship. That's as basic as it gets IMHO.

That's why I am amazed at guys on this board who have issues with this. If your relationship is not good enough for her to trust you to go out with your mates, and vice-versa, why bother? Any gal who said I could not do what I want [color:red](within reason, naturally)[/color] would be dismissed right away! Way too many fish in the sea and I'm too good of a catch LOL!

I notice you have a tendency to see things in absolutes. Like when you say 'within reason' -- actually I think something very close to 100% of women would not think it's reasonable to let their boyfriend go hang out in bars with scores of whores night after night. You refer to this as 'trust you to go out with your mates' but going out with your mates is not really the issue here, the issue is going out to bars stocked with prostitutes. I'd think most women would consider it unusual and unreasonable to trust to that degree. I mean, why go to those bars? Why not go to bars that don't have prostitutes if all you want to do is hang out with your buddies.

I mean, to turn the situation around to a more apt analogy, would you feel fine if your girl was going to hang out with her mates at Spice disco or Thermae a few times a week, knowing there's plenty of guys going to be hitting on her the whole time she's there?

I can understand that you have this feeling of trust in your own relationship -- but it's unusual to trust to that degree, which I would think after all the experience you have you'd have seen by now. So I don't get how you could be 'amazed' that others here deal with jealousy from their girls. I mean... guys who post here are hitting bars and getting laid by bargirls. Girlriends can sense these things. Feelings of suspicion are a natural result. To me it seems completely to be expected.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendella, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick on this one? just because some people may talk about having the odd night down say Cowboy with their buddies does'nt mean they are doing it every night. They probably go to non hooker bars the majority of the time, just because they hit the gogos now and then it does'nt mean they do it night after night! When I lived in Bangkok I'd do most of my drinking in ordinary bars but if I had a few now and then in Cowboy it was'nt a big deal. My favourite bar in soi 33 has girls there that are available but I've never taken one from there ever (as is the case with a large percentage of their customers IMHO) and I've even taken the wife there now and then and its just not a problem.

Likewise if the wife wants to go out with her friends I don't give her the 3rd degree about where she is going.

Simie.

I don't know. I think even if you change it from 'night after night' to 'every now and then' it doesn't alter the heart of the issue much. Even if you personally have achieved that degree of trust, I still don't understand how you (if that's what you mean, that you agree with SD to that degree) would find it incomprehensible that a girlfriend would not be thrilled with her guy visiting places where the main product on display is sex. If you can't get that, I just wonder which planet you're from. Maybe it's the kind of thing only someone who's lived many years in Thailand would understand. I haven't.

By saying you don't quiz your girl about where she's going, you seem to be dodging the real question that was asked: if she was going to hang out with her friends at Thermae, that wouldn't bother you?

Well she never did hang at places like Thermae so the question/problem never arose. If your going to be unfaithfull in a place like Bangkok there are countless places and opportunities to do that and gogos are just a tiny part of that. And opportunities for both sexes to play away when it comes down to it. So if you are going to worry about that sort of thing you'd never let your partner out the front door alone. We now live in the UK and the boot is very much on the other foot here. The wife goes out night clubbing with her friends and I don't get into a lather about that either.

Simie.

<>

Well - let's put it this way - many Thai and Asian women put up/allow what ever this to happen.

Yes there are non whore bars in Bangkok - but many of my friends go to ones in Cowboy.

I only get there when I am living in Bangkok about once a fortnight at best - but am allowed - Mekong and I have the same law about shitting where we eat - which covers this and makes the wife happy. She could come with me to any bar in Cowboy and never find anyone I have barfind or been seen with :)

Wife also knows my mates I drink with and feels comfortable with me going out to a bar full of whores and not partaking.

I think it's western vs asian thinking - been here so long I take the asian approach :)

Well she never did hang at places like Thermae so the question/problem never arose. If your going to be unfaithfull in a place like Bangkok there are countless places and opportunities to do that and gogos are just a tiny part of that. And opportunities for both sexes to play away when it comes down to it.

Ahem. OK first time maybe an accident, but now that's twice the question's gone unanswered. The question is, if she said she was going to go hang out with her girlfriends tonight at Thermae, would you feel ok about that?

Whether she never has or never would, or if there's other places to go, all irrelevant. The question is, if she said that, that she wanted to go with her friends and spend the evening with them at Thermae, would you be ok with it?

Well - let's put it this way - many Thai and Asian women put up/allow what ever this to happen.

Yes there are non whore bars in Bangkok - but many of my friends go to ones in Cowboy.

I only get there when I am living in Bangkok about once a fortnight at best - but am allowed - Mekong and I have the same law about shitting where we eat - which covers this and makes the wife happy. She could come with me to any bar in Cowboy and never find anyone I have barfind or been seen with :)

Wife also knows my mates I drink with and feels comfortable with me going out to a bar full of whores and not partaking.

I think it's western vs asian thinking - been here so long I take the asian approach :)

If you take your wife to bars in Soi Cowboy, then OK, I'd say we're living in very different worlds, surely. Different Asias too, that would never fly here in Vietnam.

I'm not convinced this is all as kosher as you guys seem to think. It seems to defy human nature to be comfortable with someone you love deliberately going out to places where the main attraction is that there's lots of prostitutes there who are plying their wares.

Well its never arisen so I've never had to think about it and I doubt it ever would because its not her sort of place. But if you really want an answer I would'nt stop her if she said she was going. Just as a side note I have been to Cowboy with her many times and its not a problem. You seem to assume that people only go to places like Cowboy to pick up tarts. Thats not the case as it happens and if I was going to fool around their are many places e.g. MP's that I'd be far more likely to go. As I mentioned previously whores are readily available in my favourite bar in soi 33 but I like many people go there to drink with mates and watch the rugby and have never taken a girl from there. You might be more relaxed about the whole thing if you try and put aside your western preconceptions for a while and adopt a more asian mindset about it?

Simie.

Well she never did hang at places like Thermae so the question/problem never arose. If your going to be unfaithfull in a place like Bangkok there are countless places and opportunities to do that and gogos are just a tiny part of that. And opportunities for both sexes to play away when it comes down to it.

Ahem. OK first time maybe an accident' date=' but now that's twice the question's gone unanswered. The question is, if she said she was going to go hang out with her girlfriends tonight at Thermae, would you feel ok about that?

Whether she never has or never would, or if there's other places to go, all irrelevant. The question is, if she said that, that she wanted to go with her friends and spend the evening with them at Thermae, would you be ok with it?

[/quote']

I do know guys who put up with their wives going to Nana disco and or Spice bar (or whatever it is called, the place on Soi 11), why I don't know. I have seen the wife of a friend lap dancing a guy while drunk, in the bar outside Nana Disco, and she had the nerve to ask me in an accusatory tone "...what are you doing here...?" to wit I replied, "looking for whores, seen any?" There was no excuse for her behavior. Some whores never leave the business behind them. Were her husband to have ever engaged in such behavior, she'd have gone ballistic. They have since divorced.

As for taking your wife to Soi Cowboy, that is up to each couple. I do know guys who have taken their wives into some of the bars. It was kinda funny, when a certain board member's wife was trying to help hook me up with a "nice girl for tonight" in one of the bars. For what it is worth, I do know farang couples in the USA who go to gogo bars here together, maybe helps spice it up?

As for taking your wife to Soi Cowboy, that is up to each couple. I do know guys who have taken their wives into some of the bars.

I would think that in *MOST* relationships where this occurs, the girl in question would have to be from a P4P background. Your average Thai office working girl for example would probably have kittens if you told her you wanted to take her to a P4P area.

Archived