Soi Cowboy report

OK, I'll post something here to make this board more interesting. A few mates & I (sad-sack bachelors this evening, since we are pathetically into our gals :dunno: ) spent the night on Cowboy, bar-hopping.

We started off in front of Tony's & Moonshine Joint, at about 1730, watching the Issan village come alive.

That's always entertaining.

But we all agreed that it is, for the most part, the losers in the bars that have to come to work so early. Not many pretty gals to be seen -- the consensus was that the superstars can't be arsed to show up much before 2100, cuz they don't need the $$ anyway. However, we all had the same tastes, in that we like Chinesey-looking gals (the eyes, the nose, the less-flat face, etc), so YMMV.

A notable exception was Jungle Jim's nearby. They had some very Issan-looking gals who were none-the-less *very* hot. We however did not go in. Not really sure why. But drinks were bought for them from our perch at the other bar, and flirtations happened and promises were made LOL! Perhaps even a couple of guys got phone numbers, but I cannot say. Anyway, worth a recce in the future for anyone reading this. Thai speaking better, as the Angrit seemed poor (but we all speak Thai, so maybe it was just our default speak).

We wandered off to the NNB. As usual, it was. Nothing to report at all. You're really not missing anything, even without the name. It is just the expat boys club, boring to all else.

Then we decided to check out the newly remodeled Long Gun. Not that new, but new to us. Ugh. The remodel is crap, just cosmetics. Not the seating. And what happened to the Long Gun girls??? We saw two shifts of dancers, and decided to leave before our drinks were finished. Dismal! I don't think there was one there that I'd have fucked with your dick. And not a lot of customers at 2100, but enough that we still had to sit at the stage instead of a booth, with a party of five.

Next stop, Rawhide. Same complaint about the "remodel." What did they do, really? But they seemed to do something about the seating, maybe moved the tables? More comfy than before anyway -- better than LG. And WTF is up with the painting on the ceiling? It looks like some giant blew a load all over it in fluorescent colors! Ecch. But anyway. MUCH better staff. Quite a few lookers. Got a booth for all of us, but the place seemed to get busier as we stayed for our three drinks. But not over-crowded, just a bit buzzing.

Last stop Baccara. This used to be a regular stop for me, and I always had a bottle here. But I had not been here in ~10 months, so all that good-will has moved on. But...whoa! Rocking. With just two of us (the rest had gone home), we had to wait for some seating. Only a couple of minutes, but still; and that's with the mama-san knowing both of us well, as well. Standing room only at 2230, both floors. And for good reason. Same music (love it or hate), so the gals danced well, which is why I love it. Both upstairs & down were packed out with very good looking gals. I mean, shit all over Rainbow good-looking, and a great vibe. EASILY the best gogo bar in Bangkok (I'd say LoS) at this moment IMHO. And no issues about not being Japanese. Very friendly, no hassles. In fact, just dicking around, none of the four gals who ended up with us even spoke Japanese (both of us do to some extent and we tried) LOL! There were even phone numbers exchanged in a 45 minute, 2-3 drink visit. Very friendly, not a Japanese only place at all IMHO, and a lot of hotties if you like the petite, athletic, Chinesey-looking, lighter-skinned type. Rates are up-to-you to negotiate, but I never got the impression that normal rates (B1500-2k ST, 2k-2500 LT, in my view) were out of place as they were not demanding of anything as they sat with us. Just the usual Cowboy gals, personality-wise. Maybe even a bit more pleasant.

As always, YMMV.

Anyway, hope that helps someone.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD, thanks for the report. Long Gun always used to be a Cowboy favourite of mine say 6-10 years ago but it does seem to have been going steadily downhill the last few years? Had some good times in Jungle Jims over the years as well but the quality used to vary, sounds like they might have a decent new batch from what you say? But it can be a touch "full on" inside for some guys tastes.

Simie.

These reports about Cowboy come just in time ...

One of my Thai "star" friends wants to take his farang friend out to Soi Cowboy .... although he has to ask me where to go ;)

Any more hints, or PT's about happening places on Cowboy or Nana showing full nudity are appreciated.

W

Archived