medical assistance/pharmacy at swampy

dean

This will have to be a quetion with a quick reply, as my wife gets to swampy in 3 hours for her flight to Kansas City on NWA. I talked to her about 3 hours ago and she said she didn't feel very good and had a fever and sore throat. I told her I would call her at 1:30 A.M. and if she still felt really bad, I would call NWA and change her FF ticket. she is travelling with our 19 month old child, who is not sick. I already called NWA and they wouldn't tell me if there are any flights in the next 3 weeks that my wife could take. I checked online and no flights show up. If she really felt horrible, I'd cancel the return, and if NWA couldn't get her on in the next 3 weeks, I'd buy a one way ticket, probably on China air, which, with the kid, probably would be in the $900.00 range (which includes then going WA from LA to KC). If she decides to go, is there a pharmacy or some other medical facility open at 3:00 A.M.,m where she could get something for her fever and sore throat? By the way, if anyone is on that flight, I would stay clear of a Thai woman in her 30's with a 19 month boy that looks like a westerner. Thanks

I just talked to my wife. Being the trooper that she is, she is going to the airport in about an hour. she has enough asparin to last 24 hours and will pick up something for her throat at swampy. I don't think I'll be talking to her until she reaches Minn., so no replies needed. I think this will be her last solo trip to Thailand for awhile.

Aren't they still doing the thermal imaging in Japan? I hope she makes it through NRT without a problem.

I was about to say the same.

Will she even pass thermal screening at Swampy, then at the NWA stopover in Japan?

I wish the best at the end.

Just woke up and checked her itenerary on NWA and it looks like she completed the BKK-Narita segment and is almost half-way through the Narita-Minn. flight. I haven't got any calls or e-mails from her, so it looks like she arrived and left Japan without any problems. She still has 10 hours to go before landing in K.C.

she made it back two hours ago, with son. They didn't check her for fever in Japan. According to her, by then, she had cold spells. In another 2 weeks, school starts for the 3 children and my wife will continue English nite classes. This was my first experience with being on the other side of having kids at home full time for the summer. Im not going to miss it once school starts.

Archived