12call 3G

Damen

Anyone using it yet?

How are the speeds/coverage? Available as prepaid sim?

Maybe I'm just stupid but the AIS site is so fucking convoluted to me. More options than a new Mercedes Benz.

Ideally I'm looking to replace my netsim with prepaid 3G sim with X hours per month and cheap international calls if such a combo exists.

I agree, hard to understand. No Bargain, either.

They force you to take a package, or pay 100 baht per 1 MB.

How Do I Get Started?

For new customers, after activating One-2-Call! 3G SIM, 3G service will be automatically available. Video call is charged 1 baht/minute and sending-receiving information online is charged 100 baht/1 MB. Customer can enjoy cheaper rate by subscribing to 3G Package via AIS Call Center 1175 or via any AIS Shop in 3G coverage areas.

For One-2-Call! prepaid customers or Sawasdee Customers can activate and sign up for 3G package at AIS Call Center via AIS Call Center 1175 and any AIS Shop in the 3G coverage areas.

1. Subscribe to send-receive information online via 3G Package

Monthly Service Fee (exclusive of VAT) Receive HSPA Within AIS Network 3G / Edge / GPRS

100 baht 500 MB

300 baht 1.5 GB

500 baht 2.5 GB

900 baht 15 GB

1,500 baht 30 GB

1 baht/MB is charged for each subsequent MB

Notes *

For 3G Package non-subscribers, Hi Speed Data Service is available and charged on pay-per-use basis at the rate of of 100 baht/1 MB.

2. Rate for customers who subscribe to Video Call Service

1 baht/minute for video calls (inclusive of VAT)

One-2-Call! 3G SIM Outlets and 3G Coverage Areas

I can't get much sense out of the website either!! :banghead:

So when I arrive in LOS next week, and I want to buy a pre-paid SIM to use with my iPhone (not for video calls, but for downloading emails etc) what exactly should I ask for when I stop at the 12 Call shop at Swampypoo on arrival?? :dunno:

I used it for a couple of weeks out there. 100 hours for 350b. Good for browsing, but a bit slow for downloads/youtube etc. Dropped out a few times, but I was in a concrete box room in Pra Khanong so maybe just interference.

I'll use it again when I go back. I registered in the shop in Central World but wasn't around long enough to work out options for recharging etc.

I personally recommend it, but not for anything critical. I think skype was blocked through it too.

That was the old Edge/GPRS account you were using. 3G is faster and all but unavailable from AIS in Thailand so far.

Sure about that? I know that they had several problems and the launch was delayed but the 12call site is selling plans and Jesada Chandraprasert, states that AIS 3G is available in BKK/Chonburi since December.

Nationwide coverage is still a pipe dream though.

Yes I worked it out, tried it etc.

AIS/12call is avail in bkk, BUT ONLY in paragon/centralworld - anyone live there LOL?

Useful? No, but perhaps 'clever' marketing who knows... :rolleyes:

As I said in another thread use True Move - yes the iphone guys as they offer much more bkk coverage & much more hassle free too - speeds up to 3.6Mbps/1Mbps (dl/ul) at best!

But basically 3G is still a political/business mess in LOS as current operation is nothing but a trial/gimmick while waiting/hoping for real (2100MHz) 3G license auction to go live currently latest estimate Q1 2010...

Jesus fuck even Lao & Cambo got 3G since months & Viet will probably get it before LOS - then there's only few african bambo nations who don't have it yet while Japan, Korea etc booms away with 4G LOL :banghead:

Well have fun!

I used it for a couple of weeks out there. 100 hours for 350b.

That was the old Edge/GPRS account you were using. 3G is faster and all but unavailable from AIS in Thailand so far.

I hadn't realised there as a newer product.

I'm a heavy and demanding internet user, and found the edge system generally sufficient.

Archived