Clinton Entertainment Plaza.

chuckwoww

The places outside the Ambassador didn't last long. Anyone remember the little Egyptian guy, Ali, with his shawarmas? He achieved his ambition of getting a corner in Bill's just before it closed.

Freakin Ell, Lil Ali and his 50 Baht Shawarmas, now you are taking me back, spent many a night chatting with him over a beer and a Shawarma.

In those days I went through a period I refer to as my "Mekong Diet" I was drinking a bottle of Mekong / day before leaving the apartment, I lost 12 Months. When I got divorced from my ex Thai wife and kicked out of home (which I now have back) I rented an apartment on Suk Soi 13 and had an hedonistic 12 month blow out before getting my head together and back into the rat race.

In retrospect it was probably a stupid thing to do and cost me a lot of money, but hell it was fun and I needed to get it out of my system. It is after that period that I have turned my back on the "naughty nightlife" but then again I probably did more in that 12 month period than most people would fit into several lifetimes.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived