Vasectomy (sterilisation for men) in BKK - hospital, experiences?

WorldFun

Hey I got this 'friend' you know who feel like not bringing any more kids to this world so was wondering if anyone had experiences (good, bad) to share or hospitals/doctors to recommend for this procedure in bkk?

Currently I understand it's a non complex 'operation' & thus ICU is not needed although some hospitals may only offer that (more expensive & time demanding) solution.

I did hear some sort of complications could arise for the few unlucky so as it's kinda sensitive area to get surgery well any opinions for/against more than welcome?

No need to comment though that better to let the 'wife' do it for him or use condoms or other prevention for the rest of his life - well I suppose decision is firm not to want (further) children :)

Also on inquiring on a few hospitals around town I got following so far, but still interested in more as he may not want to pay through the roof unless there's good reason/value added by doing that?

Paolo Hospital - ~7k simple ~30min operation (basic english, smaller low end private hospital)

Nonthavej Hospital - ~9k simple ~30min operation (medium good experiences chain)

Viphavadee Hospital - ~13k simple ~30min operation (known for good english & service - north of town)

BNH Hospital - ~40k ICU full process operation etc (one of the best reputation but priciest in town)

hi PM,

thanks for the link & yes I'm aware of this so called non surgical procedure, but it does seem a bit odd involving a permanent 'clip' on each tube as opposed to cut'n'tie & thus I think advantages does not surpass disadvantages :hmmm:

sure by having no knife 'cut' by using a special tool to access & put the 'clips' on the sperm/semen tubes there's bound to be a quicker healing period, but how about of those 'clips' should suddenly 'hurt' or say become 'itchy'? :cover:

supposedly a 7 day or so 'recovery' time is needed with no sex whatsoever, but apart from that what's the major risk or disadvantage to worry/consider?

Had mine done at Bangkok Hospital, year and more ago, search back there have been a couple of threads. Was done in theatre with half a dozen nurses in attendance. Local anesthetic. Procedure involved inserting a needle into the base of the shaft, top of the bag area. Pipe drawn up the inside of the needle to expose then tied off and separated. Repeat for the second pipe and it's job done. Took about 15 minutes, conscious throughout. Had to hang around 30 minutes with a cup of tea to make sure the local properly wore off.

Cost was approximately 10k baht, cannot remember exact figure. No side effects other than the mental change that comes from knowing you can bang the living shit out of any woman you fancy in the full knowledge that she will never be able to lay paternity shit on you.

Told not to ride a bicycle for a week. Got a nice BJ a couple of days later and was back to full ops within the week.

Note that this was my very first procedure and it was essentially trivial. Not the sort of thing you want done on a regular basis but I certainly recommend it for those who want to go this route.

Cheers

Archived