Anyone with experience with Rosetta Stone?

hawaiijohn

I had a copy of it from Panthip plaza, sat learning phrases from it practising the enunciation to perfection and sat in the bars of the plaza telling a girl i could walk and run.

They didn't have a clue what i was on about, I took a bird back to my apartment, played her the disk and she didn't have clue what the actor was saying.

Cheers

The Rosetta Stone series is good supplementary material. The pronunciation is very good - native speakers - and I don't know why any Thai couldn't understand it. However, you will never learn Thai simply using the Rosetta Stone. It is very good for listening and vocabulary practice, but that is about all. You need to have some knowledge of Thai to get much out of the Rosetta Stone.

You might look into Benjawan Poomsan Becker's books. They are not hard to master, if (once again) sometimes boring.

Thai

Lao

rosetta stone is crap,unless you can read scribt its hard to know whats going on as theres no english in the one i have.

pimleur is the best ive used,mp3 and 30 lessons,advanced for the benginner but can pick up words that you will accually use, not like rossetta where they teach you jump etc.

my thai now is quite good i can read and write thai but i go to lessons,stick at it:)

Archived