Netbook

radioman

I'm contemplating a netbook purchase. My trusty laptop of the last 3 years is eol and due for return, it's leased. Company has sent me a replacement which is locked tighter than, well, a tight thing! Admin account locked, BIOS locked and apparently cannot be hacked. Since this is essentially useless to me other than for sending email and writing word documents I'd rather have something significantly smaller that I can at least use to watch the odd downloaded DVD.

Current favourite seems to be the ASUS 1005HA series, not sure yet if these are available in BKK but will be looking maybe later today.

Any thoughts on what to watch out for when buying a netbook?

Thanks

I use a Dell mini 9, they are on sale for around $200 US , add a 2gig memory and you are OK

very lightweight , works good for what it is,

3 usb ports, card reader, external monitor plug, and network plug (RJ11?), wifi and you can order it with bluetooth....

Current favourite seems to be the ASUS 1005HA series, not sure yet if these are available in BKK but will be looking maybe later today.

Thanks

You may want to take a look at the Asus 1008HA as well, basically the same specification except for battery life.

I can vouch for Samsung as I recently got a N120. I'm very happy with that. It's not as nice as the Vaio it's replacing -- but it got all the essentials and a MUCH better keyboard for a quarter of the Vaio's price...The best netbook money can buy, IMO.

Archived