HPV Vaccine in BKK

Old Hippie

Where would be a good place for a Thai woman/any woman I suppose to go and get this HPV Vaccine in BKK? A friend of mine has tried to get it at whatever Thai health clinic she goes to, and has been given the run around...I suggested BH, any other suggestions?

The vaccine needs to be given before the girl is sexually active.

I did read that. I also read it is not a bad idea to get the vaccine anyway, after the fact so to speak. Supposedly some research being done to determine if men should get it as well...jury is still out on that.

VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!! This vaccine is a killer!!!

In 2008, three Gardasil shots changed Gabrielle’s life and she became one more Gardasil reaction statistic. Now she never knows when she will be back in the hospital emergency room. Diagnosed with inflammation in her brain and body, the brain seizures won’t stop. She has had strokes. She is in almost constant pain. Her doctor says she could die.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/08/Hundreds-of-Thousands-of-Reactions-to-Gardasil-Is-Your-Child-Next.aspx

Hundreds of Thousands of Reactions to Gardasil… Is Your Child Next?

Just treid to copy the link to the YouTube video....errr, maybe not working? but there it is.

Info from a mother with a child stricken from this shit vaccine...tested only on 1000 children then given to millions, fark that!

• 4 weeks later...
The vaccine needs to be given before the girl is sexually active.

Not really. It needs to be given to a girl (or guy) before they catch HPV. Also note it protects against several strains of HPV, so you still might get partial protection from it. Seems good for guys too since it protects against genital warts, but the trials and studies have so far only been done on young girls since they are marketing it as a cancer cure.

Not that I would recommend it until you check out the scare stories posted above (I haven't yet - no idea if it is fud from the Christian right wing who hate the idea of any form of protection except abstinence, or genuine concerns).

I read somewhere that most sexually active people have one or more variants of HPV. (70 per cent rings a bell). With such a high prevalence of infection, its safer to say the vaccine needs to be given before the onset of sexual activity. Unless we are talking about only having sex with virgins.

Archived