Pom,

Apparantly all about John Lennon.....

- born october 9th 1940

- his son is born october 9th 1975

- he wrote #9 dream for his 9th solo album 'Walls and Bridges'

- that album came out the 9th month in 1974 and got to no 9 on the US hitlists

- with the Beatles he wrote 'One After 909' and 'Revolution 9'

- he lived in appartement 72 (7 + 2 = 9) on 72nd Street in New York

- and finally he was murdered on december the 8th at night, but it was already the 9th in Liverpool

Hence today 09/09/09 is a fitting day.

BB

yes BB,

another funny conspiracy theory in the long history. Do you remember the uncanny storys about "Paul is dead" then?

But i would say, the date is marketing.

I received today 3 remastered rediscovered limited Editions CDs.

And the sound is for Phenomenal! Really. :surprised:

Have to order a bit more. ;):beer:

Album charts braced for Beatlemania

Beatlemania has returned with the release of remastered copies of the Fab Four's studio recordings and a new computer game.

The new CDs are designed to appeal to not only those who want to upgrade their collections, but also potential younger fans whose interest has been sparked by classics from their parents' - or grandparents' - albums, or from bands who have name-dropped their influence. :content:

Some 45 years after the first wave of Beatlemania, the album charts are expected to be swamped with 14 revamped albums by the band by this weekend, while the group is also expected to top the video game charts with the newly developed Beatles Rock Band.

Bookies are already predicting that John, Paul, George and Ringo will top the album charts once again with Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band favourite to be the biggest seller, according to bookmaker William Hill. The next most fancied is Revolver, then Abbey Road.

Online retailer Amazon.co.uk said a box set version of the band's stereo albums - priced at £170 - topped its bestseller list on pre-orders alone.

It is thought to be the most expensive item ever to head the chart.

The sets are being issued in two versions - as well as the stereo mixes of each album, which are being sold boxed or individually, and a collector's box of the band's recordings in mono.

Experts have polished the sound and enhanced the quality of the original recordings which have been processed digitally.

It is the first time the releases have been tweaked since they were first issued on CD in 1987.

And to keep up with changing technological tastes, the band's company Apple Corps has moved into the computer games market for the first time with the release of Beatles Rock Band.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hW8F2wxuZ4O0UUZcKmde8p398aRg

:beer:

they are on the Top - again! :content:

The Beatles: Remasters of the universe with sizzling sales

With a little help from their fans, The Beatles again rule the marketplace as Fab Four fever greeted Wednesday's release of the band's remastered catalog and The Beatles: Rock Band.

Discs are moving steadily, with the $260 stereo and $299 mono box sets selling out at many outlets. Even the band's website alerted buyers that new box orders would not be shipped until late October "due to the incredible demand."

At Amazon, the stereo and mono sets ranked first and second on the list of music best sellers, even though the site's allotment sold out the week before and new orders won't ship for up to six weeks. The Beatles held 15 spots in the top 20.

Healthy opening-week sales are expected, but industry observers offer caveats. The multi-disc sets, which will register along with new releases on Billboard's album chart, count as one unit each. And because those are selling so briskly, they could siphon from à la carte sales, which are tallied on the catalog chart.

Nonetheless, The Beatles, with 28 million albums sold since 2000, may overtake Eminem's 32 million to become the decade's best-selling artist. That race ends Dec. 31.

"This isn't a one-week project," says Keith Caulfield, Billboard's chart analyst, pointing to the anticipated holiday shopping bonanza. "Is it conceivable they could catch up? Yes. I'm confident they'll put up a good fight."

Midnight launches at Best Buys in 10 cities drew enthusiastic turnouts.

"We definitely saw customers and fans excited," says Best Buy's Erin Bix. "I was in the Mall of America (outside Minneapolis), and people were picking up both" the game and the discs.

"First-day sales surpassed our forecast," says Game Crazy vice president Rob MacNaughton. The Beatles-themed Rock Band "is helping to reinvigorate the music genre. We're seeing more families come in to purchase this game, as it bridges the generation gap and exposes video gaming to a broader audience."

An even bigger spike for the game should kick in during the holidays.

"The launch is really targeted at gamers," says Van Toffler, MTV Networks Music Group president. "The second round will go toward 'gifters'  wives buying for husbands and moms buying for kids."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-09-10-remastered-beatles_N.htm

:beer: :bangit: :beer:

i get bored when people re-release their back catalogues.

most people bought their stuff 20/30 years ago and probably won't bother buying it again.

i prefer the old style raw sound as it was first recorded and not the new boring sound.

but i found this funny.........good old Vera

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8253410.stm

it seems all the Beatles hype is just hype.......

i get bored when people re-release their back catalogues.

most people bought their stuff 20/30 years ago and probably won't bother buying it again.

i prefer the old style raw sound as it was first recorded and not the new boring sound.

but i found this funny.........good old Vera

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8253410.stm

it seems all the Beatles hype is just hype.......

Luckily it not targetted for all the old socks like you and me, but for the younger generation !

I still have my collection of LP's.

BB

Archived