Naturalized U.S. Citizen Deported?

Steve

My mom was told me about some relative (by marriage) that was deported back to the U.K. for insurance fraud and he was a naturalized American citizen.

I told her that could not be the case, once a naturalized citizen the only thing you can't do is be President (what about VP? just curious).

The guy has been in the U.S. for 22 years and committed insurance fraud.

I told my mom she was mistaken but she was adamant and you all know you NEVER argue with mom...even when she is wrong...lol.

Just wanted to make sure by asking the americans on this forum.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did he commit insurance fraud?

If the crime was committed before becoming naturalized, and the nature of the crime, he can be deported.

But somehow I got a feeling this happened after he got naturalized.

Some people who were born in the USA have been 'deported'; strange as it might be.

Remember that USA lawyer, what was his name, maybe Sweet or something like that? He had TB, left the country and the USA banned him from returning?

Nothing surprises me now.... nothing.

After. I don't think he became a citizen or else he could not have been deported. At least that's my line of reasoning. I am thinking he's a green card holder and my mom thinks he's a citizen because he came from England as a boy and is at least close to 50 now. However, as you say, anything can happen.

I honestly feel that 99% of us are living in an America that doesn't exist anymore but think it still does. Our own version of the matrix.

You will find, as a previous poster has alluded to, he has been extradited.

If you commit a crime that is serious enough, in most, if not all western countries there are no time limits on crimes, and most countries will extradite you back to your previous country regardless if you have been naturalized in another country. There are laws between countries that assist in it.It is quite common.

Once he has served his term, if found guilty, he will then be deported back to the USA.

For example, for Australia see:

Link

Archived