Where do the middle class girls go?

doris day

It used to be quite annoying when Suadam used to dangle the fact that he knew of such places but didn't want to share specifics for ruining those venues for himself.

That's coz he didn't want too many other fat, ugly, middle aged men cramping his style!!! :rotl::stirthepo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt that thai girls, middle class or hi-so, don't go out. And although a fat, ugly guy like me has never scored with a middle class or hi-so girl, I have a younger colleague who lived in bangkok for a year and hung out with quite a few of them, went out with them, did coke/ecstasy with them, etc. He tells me it was a non-stop party but I don't know where he hung out.

Both statements are simultaneously true. Most hiso and upper middle class (umc) girls don't "go out" in the sense of going to bars often, and certainly not frequently, and certainly not with the hopes of meeting guys. However, there are enough hiso/umc girls (here "girls" meaning women in their 20s) who do go out, and who do the "wild" stuff, that I'm sure you can find them. There's only one of you, so it doesn't matter much to you whether it's 5% or 50% or 95% of the Thai hiso/umc female population that goes out.

I have "scored with" that non-wild hiso/umc crowd, and more often, have just hung around on their nights out. A big night out is Starbucks at 8 PM, then on to Iberry at 9 PM, then home at 10 PM. There is certainly a different, "wild" subset who is out at 2 AM snorting coke, but that is a small subset -- and they are seen as low-class degenerates by their peers.

I think a good analogy is someone asking "In which Soi Cowboy bar do Issan girls work?" Of course, the huge majority of Issan girls don't work in a SC bar -- but enough do so that it might not matter to you.

I have no direct experience with the "wild" crowd, but as for the Starbucks/Iberry hiso/umc crowd, if you approach them / try to chat them up, the best you'll get is a polite refusal, and the worst you'll get is a look of alarm and maybe a nonpolite refusal. They're not out to meet guys. Especially if you're significantly older, or look to be from a lower social strata than they are.

There is a nice exception here, however. Lower middle class girls. They may even be students from places like Chula, and be born in Bangkok, but they are not from the moneyed classes (though they love to pretend they are!). These girls OFTEN hang out alone in hopes of meeting farang. Best best would be mall coffeeshops, places like B2S Central World (I can see the beeline there already), and of course the internet. A lower middle class girl hanging out alone at Starbucks is very likely waiting/hoping to be approached by a farang. (And some of you guys might even think she's "hiso," because maybe she has fair skin and lacks tattoos, but she's far from it.) Her "you pay sick buffalo me" scam will likely be the same as a bargirl's, just couched in better English, and perhaps played more slowly. Oh, the classic place to meet the lower middle class crowd is the Thailand Friends website.

Ok, let me stir the pot a bit. A big part of the problem I have is with the whole expat "code". As in, if you don't speak thai or you don't know how to wai or whatever, you won't stand a chance with good thai girls. And really, I'd like to call BS on that.

Now, I admit I don't know what I'm talking about either. I have a small sample size to work with. I know two guys that are married to middle class thais. Neither speak a lick of thai. I know a TON of guys that are married to bargirls or ex-bgs. About 1/3 of them speak thai pretty damn well. In my experience, thai girls who are properly educated and/or educated abroad really don't need their mate to be speaking thai.

Now, granted, if you are a fat, ugly pasty white farang like me, it would definitely help to speak some thai. But I think it helps even more to have a fat wallet, no?

So, enough of this 'I know better mentality.' No one is going to learn Thai to try to pick up girls. How about some low hanging fruit like where to go and on which night?

Heart Thais, about where to go: putting it bluntly, how old are you? The problem with Thai society is it's so compartmentalized. In much of the first world, if an 80 yr old guy decided to come to a young people's dance club, people would think it's cool; in Thailand, people would think it's terrifying. My friends laugh at farangs who are over 40 or so in the Thonglor clubs. If you are over 45, you are taking risks of being made fun of.

That said: my advice is to walk in to ANY of the big clubs (just make sure it's not a hostess bar) you see in Bangkok. Just choose one at random. Maybe buy a bottle and come a few times.

Also, try the Thailand Friends website. I wouldn't be seen dead there (nor would any of my high status friends), but that place is pretty much lowhangingfruit.com (for both the white men and Thai women, which is funnily enough, the only kind of "friends" on that site).

Edited to add: you can see the Mike's Ekamai Thonglor Bar Guide website for one farang's ideas of what bars to go to. Take his stuff with a huge grain of salt, but it's something to start your explorations.

<<

Ok, let me stir the pot a bit. A big part of the problem I have is with the whole expat "code". As in, if you don't speak thai or you don't know how to wai or whatever, you won't stand a chance with good thai girls. And really, I'd like to call BS on that.>>

Agree - however the Isaan wedding bus mob speak Isaan :)

I go to a lot of punk/alt music events - T Shirt shows etc

MANY Mid Class Hi So scumming it because they can afford too :)

Archived