What paperwork is needed for farang to marry a Thai in Bangkok

robaus

Chrisg sorry you off the mark with your comments

Take a look at the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry form I have attached for referance and you will see that clause (f) asks for referee's. Certified Proof of Income is not requuired but a declaration of employment and salary is.

The Process is complete the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry form then take it to respective embassy along with ORIGINAL Decree Nisi / Death Certificate of ex spouse if previously married.

Have the said document translated into Thai and then present it to "The Legalisation and Naturalisations Division, Department of Copnsular Affairs, Ministry of Consular Affairs, 123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok. There are many companies around Ploenchit area who will do translation and run the forms to MFA for a minimul fee. Wiki is wrong this is required.

Thai female requires ID Card, Housebook, Divorce Papers or Death Certificate if previously married. NOTE if Thai female is less than 9 months out of a previous marriage she also needs a certificate from a doctor confirming she is not pregnant.

Take documents to City Hall and fill in the paperwork. When we did ours we got there 30 mins before it opened and were given a que number right away, just so happens our local amphur is Bangrak which is popular for marriage for the obvious reason. Doors opened at 8AM and by 9:30 we walked out certificates in hand.

Yep Mekong you are correct, quoted my freedom cert from 6 years ago, did'nt check the embassy website. I had to do the income and refs for the visa but niot for the marriage

Chrisg,

No worries, as we are well aware when dealing with Thai beurocracy that requirements have the tendency to frequently change.

When I applied for Non-Imm 'O' last November I was told that the 400K in the bank did not apply but now it is applicable again. For proof of income the wife declared her earnings.

Archived