Login using cookies

khunsanuk

<snip>

It seems better to unckeck it by default, so people in internet cafe's cannot forget to uncheck it.

<snip>

In addition to this, may I suggest that text be added next to the checkbox, like "Do NOT check if you are using a public machine, e.g. internet cafe".

Also, if the default is unchecked, doesn't this suggest that the cookie can have a longer life, i.e. if someone consciously checks the box, they are saying "don't bother me again with logging in, just use the cookie"? In that case, a 3-day life seems to largely negate the purpose of setting the cookie.

Hi,

"In addition to this, may I suggest that text be added next to the checkbox, like "Do NOT check if you are using a public machine, e.g. internet cafe"."

Not a bad idea. I'll see about adding this.

"Also, if the default is unchecked, doesn't this suggest that the cookie can have a longer life, i.e. if someone consciously checks the box, they are saying "don't bother me again with logging in, just use the cookie"? In that case, a 3-day life seems to largely negate the purpose of setting the cookie."

The current 3-day life should not really be a problem I think since most people that use this feature will likely check the site often.

I have, however, no problem with increasing the lifespan of the cookie if that is what you guys want.

Sanuk!

Archived