Snow Leopard (Apple's latest OS)

kamui

First report: Snow Leopard (OS 10.6)

I have just installed Apple's latest OS Snow Leopard which came out today. Installation went smooth on my 24" iMac and on my 15" Macbook Pro, but took a little bit longer than expected (60 min./iMac, 45 min./Macbook Pro).

Snow Leopard looks 99% identical to Leopard (10.5), but some applications are much faster. Especially Safari is now the fastest browser I have ever used. For example when I click on an forum link on Thai360 the forum/thread opens immediately within a millisecond (assumed). :cool: Firefox is faster as well. Apple Mail seems to be faster too.

And the upgrade is cheaaaap: 30€/USD.

:thumbup:

Compare this with upcoming Windows 7:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99/ Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99/ Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99

:yikes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a killer Epson Scanner and Canon printer I seldom use...so I doubt I'd notice any difference.

Picked up the Disk today $22+ with my 17% discount! So we'll see how it goes.

Kamui, do you think the problems you had are worth the improvements?

I have a killer Epson Scanner and Canon printer I seldom use...so I doubt I'd notice any difference.

Picked up the Disk today $22+ with my 17% discount! So we'll see how it goes.

Kamui, do you think the problems you had are worth the improvements?

It depends. I lost a few business hours today until I had solved the printer problem and I had to work until 10:30pm tonight. :cussing:

Actually the upgrade isn't that necessary, since 99% of the changes are not visible for the normal user.

If you want to play save, wait a few weeks until upgrades for faulty programs come out, but I guess most users won't have any trouble.

Archived