Horror Tackle

devils reject

I cannot bring myself to watch it,

As a 13-14 year old I was on the books of one of the most succesful teams in England, and it was home city club, I got a mega leg break via a freak challange circa 78 and was realeased by the club at the age of 14.

I have played semi pro since, Played for Pohang Steelers in the K League 88-90 when I was working for Pohang Iron and Steel in the days when one neeeded to be an employee to play for the company team.

We have a decent mini-league over here in Qatar, I may be closer to 50 than 40 but you cant keep me of the pitch, the little legs still work and the brain is more tuned in! I am dreading the day I am told that I am too old / too slow to play but hopefully that is many years off yet.

Could I / Would I have acgually made it as a professional, I doubt it, I probably made more money in engineering than I could have ever made in the game, but I still love playing the game, give this middle aged man a ball and he will be happy.

Why the red card? That means a send off right but it looked like a legal challenge for the ball.

Only if you are completely pissed at the time you watched it.

The twat should be banned from playing football until the poor guy recovers and is fit enough to play again.

Its all over the news here.

The guy went on purpose streched leg first with the intent to hurt, that is obvious.

He needs punishment, and will get it.

Then again, a little context here.

Anderlecht and Standard are the 2 Belgian top teams ( :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: ) and there is always a huge rivalry between them.

On top of that, they both finished first in last years' championship, and had to play 2 more testgames to determine the champion. Standard won.

Both games were played very hard with lots of injuries.

Also, clubleaders, coaches and press have been inciting the players against each other.

To top all off, the injured guy was no angel either, he injured seriously 5-6 players the last 2 years, including Witsel, who still has scars on his back from Wasilesky's studs.....

No excuse of course for this revenge karate kick, but more in context.

The final joke is that Witsel was chosen last years as Belgiums' best player......I kid you not.

BB

Archived