Tilac Bar Hero to Zero

Ckrisg

Spent a lot of time in Tilac in June 09 so was wondering about other peoples views of the bar now. Personally I have never had a problem in there and have been impressed with the talent for years.

Stick seems to be in two minds!!

23 August 2009

Ive been talking up Tilac for quite some time and it remains my favourite bar. And no, despite some cynics suggesting otherwise, there's nothing in it for me, no money changing hands and not a single free drink pushed my way. It's busy most nights and does a roaring trade at the weekend.

29 August 2009

I'm of the view that the peak at Tilac has been reached, and passed, and I hate to say it but I feel it is a bar slowly in decline. There are lots of new girls and while many are pretty, I don't know that the attitudes could be accurately described as wonderful. Tilac has become a high pressure sell joint with girls asking for a drink within 30 seconds and being abusive if one is turned down. Sigh, another good bar turns crap.

:susel:

Fair play to you pointing out the change in my opinion on that bar.

I was perhaps a little strong in the comments made on the 30th. It would be unfair to say the bar has turned to crap, but there seems to have been a big change in attitudes and my feeling is that the mamasans are less hands on and the girls are running amok.

It’s disappointing when that happens…

I totally agree that the bar is on the decline. One of the things that it has going for it, is that it stays open until 2:30am. But quite a few older girls hanging out there by then...the big show is when the cashier decides to bare it all...seriously, it is hard not to rubberneck at the trainwreck that it is.

The server girls are always asking for a drink...maybe it depends if you go in with other girls, who have been there before, for example. Sheesh, give it a rest.

But all in all, I like the place as much as they could fall into the top 5 bars for fun to have drinks on Cowboy. But they don't have the best girls necessarily, and the music isn't the best, and etc. etc. Slow decline...well, it has definitely jumped the shark, that's for sure.

But what bar on Cowboy hasn't....and some of them rebound...

Archived