Issan and others

FAT_AUSSIE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always amazes me to see the ladies who work on construction sites and road projects - I guess they are from the Isaan region....reminds me of a Pattaya lady I met last time - during the low season she had to find work on building sites....should have known-hands like a navvy :)

You can't generalise about "Isaan". I bet a lot of posters here are referring to rural Isaan i.e. where the working girls come from. They tend to be different from people in provincial Isaan.

I remember a friend told me once he had been to Isaan. I asked him what he though of it and he said it was just like smaller versions of Bangkok. When I quizzed him, it seems he had been to Korat and Khon Kaen cities only.

If you're talking about rural Isaan, my feeling is that while the women have real character, they tend to be uncouth and dreadfully unsophisticated. I struggle to see how a *typical* Western man thinks he can have a successful relationship with such a woman.

While I agree many parts of the generic "Isaan" vary widely - I think calling rural peope uncouth etc is the same as not identifying with rural people anywhere.

Having spent a lot of time as a child near Tamworth (Chorus URGHHH) their "Character" is different from those coming from inner cities - just as those in outer cities are different.

Not everyone enjoys champagne and fine cheese - yet oddly my uncouth and unsophisticated Isaan Laos wife does - must be the Laos influence?

>If you're talking about rural Isaan, my feeling is that while the women have real character, they tend to be uncouth and dreadfully unsophisticated. I struggle to see how a *typical* Western man thinks he can have a successful relationship with such a woman. <

kind of talking to a sheila in a rough pub in a small town on the westcoast of the South Island, eh.

Getting a bit classist, Sticky. Remember your roots. Or your grandparents roots.

my feeling is that while the women have real character, they tend to be uncouth and dreadfully unsophisticated. I struggle to see how a *typical* Western man thinks he can have a successful relationship with such a woman.

haha you sound like my nana (god bless her).

I could easily say the same about New Zealanders. Damned nation of itinerant workers who travel to other counties to become truck drivers, construction workers, farm labourers, break and enter experts or work the massage parlours of sydney.

Only those unsophisicated types from the country mind you, the people of Auckland or of a much higher breeding.

Archived