Bank accounts

kasikorn asked me to see a non imm visa/extension of stay & provide local address. that was some 6 months ago :)

by the way what's a work visa? no such thing, but there's the thing called a work permit or a 'resident visa' also known as non imm visa as opposed to a tourist or visa exempted stamp (VOA) :angel:

also banks are known to accept the odd tourist, but he really need to provide a local address for the 'paper work' & a hotel room probably wont be accepted...

YMMV

I have a few Thai bank accounts, you are more than welcome to deposit funds into one of mine.

Joking asides, as others have said its rather hit and miss as to how they apply "Thos Weeks" rules, a few (over ten) years ago BKK Bank on Soi Nana Nua (Suk Soi 3) were very lacking in requirements, nowadays seeing a white face walk in would probably guarantee you an account given the way the district is going.

Never take NO for an answer, on any given day you will find a branch willing to open an account for you.

Cav......I did numerous searches back only a year but came up with nothing. Might have to go back further.

Flash.....my info was wrong then. It was recent by a good source. He did tell me one particular branch to go to so maybe it varies.

WF.....Work permit, work visa, resident visa....whatever. My intent was something to show the bank that you are here in the country legally and working.

Archived