Rajawongse - Disappointment

HeartThais

Finally relented and had a suit made at Rajawongse. Cost was 12K including hand-stitched lapels and working button-holes. I think I overheard long-time customers getting quoted a 10K price.

Anyway, the tailoring is fine. 3 fittings and everything fits perfect. But really, that's not what you want. You want a suit that will flatter your body, not hug it perfectly. If you have an eye for such things and can specify the dimensions of your lapel, gorge, your rise, etc., you can probably work it. However, if you are like me, you just know whether something looks good or not. This suit looks ok on me but not great.

The fabrics are mediocre quality. The 180s fabrics have poor finish. This is to be expected for a $350 suit made from 180s fabric. I'd prefer they stock coarser fabrics with better finish but they are much more expensive.

Anyway, I say they are worth about what you pay for. Meaning, they aren't a great deal but neither are they a rip off. For $350, you get a full-floating canvassed, well-fitting suit with average fabrics with very mediocre styling. Personally, I'd pay a little more and invest in something that looks better but I wouldn't mind using these as backup.

I got a GREAT suit a few months ago, love it, just before Easter.. fucking awesome. Even the very *HAPPY* salesman looked at me funny when I tried it on as the GL said "Grrr... that's the suit.." Told by many I look like James Bond and have been milking it ever since. Cost about 18k baht down here, included a couple of silk ties and a really nice shirt (usually 3000baht for the shirt).

Love it.

I beg to differ, shirts are 1K only.

BB

Didn't realise you were in Melbourne recently BB, should have yelled out... it's been a VERY long time between drinks! (Maybe 9 years?! - think it was Woodstock).... or were you the *HAPPY* chap behind the counter!? :surprised:

• 1 year later...

Archived