Thoughts on Koh Chang?

HeartThais

Thinking about Koh Chang for Christmas holiday. Would like to catch some sun, go diving, eat some good food, relax by the pool. Any thoughts on whether it is a good choice and where to stay?

As far as hotels, I'm not too discerning. I'm perfectly happy with places like Admiral Premier, Dynasty Grande. The Dynasty Inn in Pattaya was a bit rough though and wouldn't like to do that again. Beachside bungalow type would be great.

Thinking about Koh Chang for Christmas holiday. Would like to catch some sun, go diving, eat some good food, relax by the pool. Any thoughts on whether it is a good choice and where to stay?

As far as hotels, I'm not too discerning. I'm perfectly happy with places like Admiral Premier, Dynasty Grande. The Dynasty Inn in Pattaya was a bit rough though and wouldn't like to do that again. Beachside bungalow type would be great.

Koh Chang is still quite lovely, considering it could be worse. The locals have limited the expansion. Worth a go for a few weeks.

The main tourist villages are White Sand Beach (biggest), Klong Prao, Kai Bae, Lonely Beach and Bang Bao.

Maybe around 70 beer bars alltogether in White Sand, Klong Prao and Kai Bae, couple of discos, beach parties at Lonely Beach. Nightlife is ok during the busiest season, otherwise it's pretty quiet.

• 1 month later...

Archived