Prescription Eyeglasses in BKK

FreeTime

Several times.......had bad luck only once at the place on Soi 3 on the Grace side shortly after you cross Suk. Otherwise 2 or 3 other times have had perfect luck. Done in the same day, prescription was correct and was 1/4 the cost for the exact same in the U.S.

Last place was a little shop in Seacon Square, but I can't remember the name. But I've gone to a couple different places and have had good results over the years. Most speak English just fine, as well.

Just bought a pair of glasses from a local shop in Klongsan. Eyes tested, glasses made up and was wearing them within the hour. Total cost, 1200 baht. Can be about 5-6 thousand baht if you want titanium frames. Also if you want perfect vision bring your script from home or get the prescription done cheaply at one of the hospitals in Bangkok and take to the store. Shop around a bit and you should get a very agreeable price. No real need to go to brand name shops.

Cheers SL :beer::up:

What's that chain with the blue and white fronted shops, 'Top Charoen' or some such, seems to be the 7-11 of the eyeglass world in Thailand and they always seemn to have two cuties in tight white skirts perched on stools and visible as you walk past, even out here in the sticks! Maybe a Thai sight test, nope can't see her knickers better get inside for some specs!

Sounds like a good excuse for a trip, I'm due for a new pair of goggles. Are the prescriptions from farangland ok to use?

Yeah Red, they are ok.

However, last time I was in Thailand I was happy with the prescription in my glasses, but just wanted a change of look.

The shop was able to "read" the prescription off my current lenses and make a new pair from that. Easy!

Total cost for a new pair of regular glasses and a prescription pair of sunnies was 3,600 baht.

About $120 AUD. Bargain!

:beer:

Archived