The Infamous Burma-Thailand Railway

FreeTime

Cavanami, The issue is not about who took the most hits everyone in the war suffered. Its about the brutality of the Japanese towards POWs and civilians. The Korean guards were even worse as they were down the pecking order from the Japs and took their frustrations out on the POWs.

On documentarys we still see Japanese officers denying the mistreatment of POW's.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foreign Aid:

The government of Japan and the Japanese people provide the highest amount of foreign aid than any other country in the world including the USA.

The Japanese people do give to other countries.

World Top Ten Foreign Aid Donor Countries

Country In Billion Dollars

United States 12.9

Japan 9.2

Germany 5.4

France 5.2

United Kingdom 4.8

Netherlands 3.4

Italy 2.3

Canada 2.0

Sweden 1.8

Norway 1.8

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-doners-of-foreigner-aid-map.html

Cavanami, The issue is not about who took the most hits everyone in the war suffered. Its about the brutality of the Japanese towards POWs and civilians. The Korean guards were even worse as they were down the pecking order from the Japs and took their frustrations out on the POWs.

On documentarys we still see Japanese officers denying the mistreatment of POW's.

Wasn't the commander of the Nanking massacre living out his days as a prominent dentist in Japan? Seems I recall him denying a lot of stuff as well as one of the surviving commanders of the Bataan death march/camps.

On documentary's we still see Japanese officers denying the mistreatment of POW's.

The Japanese did it for the Emperor...that was their excuse. The Emperor had no idea what was going on, he was a pasty used by the military.

Any who, the Japanese were SOB's and even today, are greatly hated by the Chinese! Last time I was working in China. one Chinese said he would find it very easy to kill a Japanese...lots of hatred!!!

As a Yank (US citizen), we were taught in school about the Japanese "sneak attack".

Many years later, after working in Japan and learning about the "real" history of Japan...like that fact that the Japanese ALWAYS told the people that they were about to attack, so as in, Japan NEVER did any "sneak attacks"...hmmmm...the US gov spinning more lies and bullocks...

I'm fairly sure what you were taught was accurate, in fact from what I remember the Japanese knew the only way they would win against America was to attack the ships with no prior warning, so the order was given, and some Japanese in the higher military had a hard time agreeing with the plan. I have a feeling that the Japanese may have declared war minutes before they bombed Pearl Harbour... Not sure though.

Archived