Phnom Penh info needed

devils reject

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very helpfull information gentlemen, thanks a lot. :thumbup:

Think I might give Flamingos a go, seems like it's the PP equivalent to the Nana. Could be interesting.

One more question,

What options are there in PP for some daytime action? Places to go and ST prices?

Most bars open around 2-4pm. I know only of one brothel "La Cyree". This should be open during the day. But I think there is a second place somewhere.

As for prices. I didn't do ST, but as I said I never paid more than 20 USD LT last month and only one girl complained.

IMHO Flamingo's isn't in the center of the action anymore. I was in the area only once for a short visit at the Heart of Darkness.

If you want stay close to the hostess bars, take a room above the Rose Bar in #136. There you'll have the girls downstairs.

In previous trips' date=' I stayed at the now gone California 2 on the river...loved sitting on the balcony watching the sun set...a nice place/area to watch day turn into night.[/quote']

I think California 2 has closed.

Yes, it closed over a year ago, which is why I referred to it as "...the now gone California 2..." The guy was supposed to be opening another place, not sure if he ever did or not. He was managing Sharky's part time...

As for day time activities...the usual sight seeing, killing fields, Toul Sleng, markets...for girls...Walkabout...and just walk around the general vicinity and you will probably find something...

Guest lazyphil

i like that film, have on dvd. plenty of american films are not good for america but tourists are smart enough to figure fiction from truth, same same cambodia!

The backpacker area around the lake is dirt cheap and nice cheap place to eat and look at non flowing water.

Can you recommend any guesthouse for about 10 dollars? I visited there last time when I was in Phnom Penh in 2003 and liked the scene.

What about security in PP nowadays' date=' is it a concern? I'm going there alone for the visa run.

[/quote']

Have a look at this website, there should be some options there that will suit your budget.

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/48

The backpacker area around the lake is dirt cheap and nice cheap place to eat and look at non flowing water.

What about security in PP nowadays' date=' is it a concern? I'm going there alone for the visa run.

[/quote']

IMHO PP became more secure in the tourist area, and the tourist area became much bigger along the river front. But nevertheless I kept all valuables in my room safe and did not walk outside the tourist area at night...

i can say same same :content:

I've been in Phnom Penh for 3 weeks now. Will stay 1 more week before going back to Thailand.

Nothing much has changed, the big three Sharkey, Walkabout, and Martini seem to bring in the largest freelancers. Heart still brings in girls but only on nights when they are not charged a $3.00 entrance fee(Weekends). Sharkey on Thursday is ladies night half prices on drinks.

Staying at Flamingo. Had some expensive men's cologne stolen. Not sure if it was a girl or one of the hotel staff.

Haven't tried any of the Hostess bars(as i did last year) When I was there, I seem like the only 1 or 2 customers in some bars. Will probably try 104 bar before I return to Thailand.

Want to try Pontoon, but keep hearing different accounts. One group of mongers tell me it's not a place to pickup girls, Just a place for locals to bring their girlfriends for a dance, while others state freelancers are avaliable. BTW, don't go on Thursdays if you are straight, it's an all gay night.

California 2 hotel will be opening again in 2 months. The part owner of Sharkeys(Jim) informed me. It will be located on 104 street.

Big crackdown on weed smoking and other illigal drugs in bars. Many of the bars and Discos have put up signs it is illegal. In the Walkabout where many patrons smoked in the upstairs bar, they have closed it down.

Watch out for motobike drivers following you offering 13-14 year old Viet girls in brothels.

Many are undercover police trying to set you up. Had one follow me 1 full block making his pitch. He didn't seem to understand when I said I am not interested in young girls. Was told later by a Khmer friend police are trying to catch pedophiles.

Don't see many Viet freelancers this year. Maybe they moved inside some brothels.

Very heavy downpour almost every night for the past 2 weeks. Be careful of the food you eat and drink. I've gotten stomach cramps for about 5 days. If you are into inexpensive good Chinese food. Go to 136st by the Asia hotel. A full street of small good restaurants.

I still see the occasional Khmer prostitute dressing up like a Thai hooker on walking street. Short skirt or hotpants, but most dress in pants or tight jeans.

Seeing more ladyboys in discos i.e Martini had about 4 last Saturday.

Despite what i've read, I did not get any hassle from immigration getting a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh. Receive passport stamp in 1 day.

Anyways, still a good place to relax and score when your in the mood.

TC

Archived