What was JJ thinking?

Wallenda

It's also worth pointing out that there is no disagreement that at least in the case of the US Marine video, that the jet ski was damaged. Whether it was worth 40k or not is another matter.

The way I saw it, both JJ and the British (sergeant?) guy noted the damage showed rust - therefore it was old damage..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's also worth pointing out that there is no disagreement that at least in the case of the US Marine video, that the jet ski was damaged. Whether it was worth 40k or not is another matter.

The was I saw it, both JJ and the British guy noted the damage showed rust - therefore it was old damage..

That is between you and Thaihome. I have no opinion on the matter. ;)

Looks like they may have decided on the insurance option. At least in Phuket...

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/index.asp?id=7794&display=1

The way I saw it, both JJ and the British (sergeant?) guy noted the damage showed rust - therefore it was old damage..

Actually ThaiHome was talking about the other video showing the American marines.

Referring back to the JJ video with the Brits - is that right? Both acknowledged rust was there? I thought the said something about staining. Too lazy to go back and watch it all again. But if JJ admitted there was rust on it, then I wonder why the sergeant was so quick to settle on the previously agreed amount (from before he arrived) of 35,000 baht, which was made when the assumption was that it was new damage, and under pressure.

Hard to get an exact price as it's hard to tell the model of Yamaha it is. Just a quick search gave me a wide range of prices for Yamahas. Anywhere from around 3kusd up to 12k and more. So they're not cheap but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is an older one on the lower end of the price scale. Old JJ collects a couple 40k damage "fines" and his jetski is paid for. Probably already paid for many times over with normal rentals and fines.

F/glass does'nt rust, but the glass when not sealed with gel coat or simmilar will discolour and go brown. That jet ski was damaged quite some time ago, more than a month and is not worth more than 200k or about 450ish new. The marine running away IMO is an admission of guilt, the marine agreeing to a price is an admission of guilt, even though from my you tube POV I think he was innocent by a country mile. The Captain dealt with the situation in a moral and honest way given the lad virtually admitted doing it in a way. He could have done better by playing the Thai at his own level.

Just my 2 satang.

Archived