Buying a BBQ on Ebay

Redbaron

:question:

Hey guys and gals... Since I lashed out and bought the GL the ducks guts in saucepans the other week (and they are fucking awesome if I do say so myself - Baccarat Five series... amazing to cook with), she's had a meeting with the Minister for Finance and given me the green light to buy a new BBQ!

Being one who likes to cook, and with summer coming up down here, I want to get a good one to match the new pergola we put up in time for last summer.

Question is: I'm a bit of a fan of Ebay (got some great bargains over the last year on things like PS3 games, hard to find CD's, books, cooking stuff etc..) and i naturally looked at a few BBQ's. The prices seem pretty good, and the sellers' feedback suggests they are ok... but it's not the same as buying a 600THB Ps3 game as spending 30,000THB on something which may break down in a few months/weeks.

Any ideas? I'll try to post a few links of the ones I'm looking at.

Ebay is great for some things. Others - you'd be hard pressed to obtain satifaction.

If you don't get a name brand you will never be able to get parts. Or if a part is 'missing' or broken upon arrival.

Yes, there is feedback. And most that have a good rating will help.

Myself, I'd rather have the opportunity to ship back if broken/damaged/defective - then save a few dollars from eBay.

Why do you think you need one of those big elaborate grills? What do you intend to cook? Some steaks, hamburgers, shrimp? Doesn’t just a plain grill loaded with some charcoal work just fine for that?

You can buy one these for about 30 USD. For that price you can buy a new one every year for the next 20 years and be money ahead for what you are spending on the shiny stainless steel model

:content:

TH

Archived