Director Roman Polanski in Swiss custody

zzzz

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy. I can't hold my tongue on this one, as much as I usually like to sit back and watch the white trash philosophers sling misinformed bullshit back and forth...

god DAMN you folks here who have the balls to accuse and judge an artist like Mr. Polanski?? In case you haven't noticed, people like Whoopie Goldberg and Tilda Swinton have spoken out in his defense. You can stand up and voice opinions against people like this? You are artists? You are creative, ey? What have you done lately to make the world a better and more beautiful place?

And as was hinted at here by some posters but not stressed enough, Mr. Polanski was fucking *screwed over* by the US legal system, specifically by the (now dead) crooked judge who reneged on his plea deal.

Now, you may not agree with plea-bargaining as a general practice, and you may think this to be a flaw of the US legal system. Be that as it may, it IS A PART of the US legal system.

Oh, you think the US courts should be able to fuck over an accused person by perverting their own legal system? Yeah, I'll bet the people who think this are the same bitches who are the first to criticize the Thais when they disrespect/subvert their own legal system.

And that's the real issue here, isn't it? Hypocrisy. Let's see, can all of you calling for "hanging by the balls" (or worse) as just punishment for Mr. Polanski meet the following criteria? If not, you don't have a fucking leg to stand on in your sanctimonious proclamations...

Preahko,

what part of not discussing child prostitution on this board don't you understand?

That's fine for those that have and I'm sure there are plenty who have engaged in some of the above here...but so what?

She was 13. She was plied with alcohol and drugged. Then she was vaginally and anally raped.

Regardless of what others have done, this case is in isolation. As all cases are and should be viewed as such.

2 wrongs don't make a right and all that.

Wrong is wrong. End of.

Archived