Director Roman Polanski in Swiss custody

zzzz

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why they (The USA) did it now is almost irrelevant, he was a wanted criminal,and they finally got him. Took them years to get Ira Einhorn, who also hid in france, but we finally got him too.

Doesn't matter if she "bragged" about it or not, she was under age, me admitted he did it, was found guilty etc...as we all agree it is wrong, why even debate the issue?

Regarding plea bargains, they are often broken/reneged on by the courts. Usually when some condition is not met by the defendant or some other circumstance occurs.

Timing? most likely some guy in the DA's office made an inquiry following all the recent Manson family hype, did a bit of digging, and saw an opportunity, so what? What is important is they got him, and hopefully, he will not get away with it. Most likely, he will get away with it for some chicken shit reason, but well, we have come to expect that.

That is my guess as well.

What *could* happen is, he does get sent back to L.A. and because he plead guilty and then fled, he *could* get a harsh sentence. AT the moment, retrying the case is not an option. According the the crap legal shows here, "...he is facing the rest of his life in prison..." Fat chance of that I am sure.

I'm assuming that, while the wheels of justice turn in Switzerland, Polanski's lawyers will be in L.A. to strike another plea arrangement, if possible. I did see an interview with a former lawyer that was a member of the L.A. prosecution office that said he would have done the same thing as Polanski (flee U.S.) after the plea arrangement was pulled. By the way, Polanski was born in France and returned to Poland at the start of WWII with his parents. Thats why he has Polish/French citizenship.

OH...one thing that seems to have been forgotten by some here is that th

e charges are "The People of California vs. Asshole"...not Victim vs. Asshole. So, unless the victim absolutely refuses to testify, the fact that the victim would rather let the crime go is moot. And as we both know, in CA, such crimes have had their punishments enhanced. Likely if committed today, he'd be looking at 25 years plus.

HH

Archived