Type 2 Herpes

bust

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly, not having an out break does NOT as in NOT mean it is safe to have sexual contact with them. In talking to a neighbor who works at a free clinic here...thus she treats a lot of VD/STDs, she says the mistake people make is thinking condoms protect you 100%, they do not. Also, no overt sign of an infection does not mean the person does not have an STD...some people are "carriers" and show no signs of an STD, while spreding it to all the have contact with...too many variables...

Yes, there was an expert here who stopped posting, his input is much missed!

If you want to be informed/confused, check the internet, tons of info on this topic there also the CDC (Center for disease control) has a web sight with good information. How long have you had it? or how long ago were you exposed to it? or are you "asking for a friend? :) "

I thought he was asking about the friend.

Short answer Bust. No. Highly infectious.

Correct not me thank bhuda. She has it and is super paranoid about telling guys she dates. Last time she told the guy she never heard from him again.

Upside it being a responsible young TG she only performs bjs which she claims to be very good at and takes it up the blurter so as not to put hr partner at risk... :up:

What a gal :yay:

I will give you my two cents but OH gave a good source to look at..the CDC or web MD websites..

Unless the data says differently, are you saying having sex with her during outbreak or active?

or are you saying never have sex because she is has herpes in her CNS regardless of condition/status?

First of all, you probably have had sex with a number of people who have herpes but were not active so therefore not a sucessful transmission. Don't know the percentage other than labelled highly infectious but also means not every active exposure case transmits into a positve outcome...

Herpes is a managable disease but clear communication is vital between partners. But since we are humans, we make mistakes with guessing the duration of the active/infectious element of it so the word alone of one's partner might help with lowering the probabbility but nothing is 100%...

I know a number of couples where one partner is infected and the other has remained infected free because of honesty, clear comminucation, management of the illness and throw in some luck..

But to say someone who has Herpes and is to be avoided at all costs is probably not realistic because some will lie, some not know it, some don't care, some don't understand what infectious means, etc...

If she told you she has confirmed herpes, probably a good sign in the right direction about the character of that person. Now you need to see how much she knows about the disease and the ability to manage not just the active stage but the ability to prevent outbreaks...

I guess the greatest risk is the % of people who don't know when they are experiencing an outbreak and thus puts their partner at extreme risk. The CDC site should have that stat for you..

CB

Thanks CB OH's suggestion of look it up on the net is just way too complex. They have lots on info but not too easy to follow.

You understand it the way I do. While in remission (if that's what you call it) they are not infectious.

I have since spoken to my doctor about it when I went for my 6 monthly check-up. he was saying that it is very easy to control if you are planning to have sex.

He used this as an example which was a bit surprising. If I was going to LOS for a couple of weeks, a week before I left start taking a course of Voltrex or Valtrox or something and during my stay. He said that will prevent an outbreak and prevent you infecting your partners....yes he used the word partners. Same Doctor who trated me for cock trauma some years ago.

So I can now tell her she is ok as long as she controls the outbreaks.

Following your logic, one would never drive a car because people get killed in auto accidents...

The problemis that case where the person is active but doesn't know it. But how oftern is a person active? one to four times a year for a 7 to 14 day duration each episode...

As to taking drugs, it really tries to limit the duration maybe even onset but the partner should not be influenced by the herpes infected person taking medications. What matters is if the person is active and thus allows for exposure/transmission...

If the virus retreats to the CNS and stays away from the surface; thus no lesions and thus no exposure...

It's a probability game but one needs to know the condition of the other person to reduce/control the odds...

CB

Archived