is 'sponsoring' always the beginning of the end?

WorldFun

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting replies. Thanks a lot.

Glad that at least a few took into account that even sponsoring or 'helping out' non bar bar girls even if for very specific verifyable expenses is a sloppery slope best avoided :cover:

Anyway as with all such situations the 'decision' has already been made (irreversible) regardless of the advice given here, but still interesting discussion.

To be more precise with the particular case in point the 'GTG' did 'sample' the up market BG world (hostess bar) working just a few days & then meeting the 'punter' & earning her first ST (with tips!) while subsequently going out on 'regular date' before leaving the scene for good? & now being in/out of study/regular work up north...

Noticed the poll results are quite balanced with many saying sponsering are totally worth it, but then again of course respondents of such polls are likely to be keen sponsors in the first place :)

Maybe also worth mentioning for balancing the hardcore resistance to an uneven playing field financially between TGs & farangs is that 'sponsoring' can also (in my/this context at least) perhaps be considered a 'replacement' of the fuck fee which generally doesn't apply for GTGs not that it should 'justify' sponsoring, but again be part of the full picture...

If not getting the (needed) money from her sponsor/'bf' alternatively she will have to seek/'loan' the money elsewhere or even give uop her 'business' & perhaps even consider BG work... :hmmm:

Just some food for thoughts :)

(...to be continued)...

Anyone sponsoring a TG is a sad fucking loser and deserves to lose every penny/baht/satang/cent/fil.

this is another cliché and not always true' date=' especially not if she has a proper background.

[/quote']

If she had a proper background, would she be taking money from farangs? especially if, as a condition of that money, she had to fuck the guy giving her the money...? Sex for money=whoring, no matter what. And thank god for it! :)

Almost all the guys I know who sponsored a girl, and were honest about it, all told the same story...that is, the money was never enough, they were always asked for more. The girl almost never met the terms of sponsorship, and always had some lame excuse as to why, which was accompanied by lies and denials and more excuses, before simply blaming the guy by saying "...you not send enough, why you not take care of me..?"

That said, I do know at least 1 girl who (finally) quit whoring when she got s generous enough sponsor, that she really cared for...can't recall another one...

So it's kinda like tipping in advance Julien?

There are times when sponsorship does work and may be needed - most other times it's just dumb though.

Mate the word dumb doesn't begin to cover the actions of a heavy drinking, recently divorced man. If it feels good you do it.

Anyone sponsoring a TG is a sad fucking loser and deserves to lose every penny/baht/satang/cent/fil.

this is another cliché and not always true' date=' especially not if she has a proper background.

[/quote']

If she had a "proper" background (and I'm assuming decent sort of job) she'd probably be horrified and offended if you offered to sponsor her.

As my newish "friend who is more than a friend" (who is Thai from a "proper" background) here in Sydney said to me only this week when we talked about this issue:

"Sponsorship is for bar girls and girls who have no pride in what they do. I can do everything I want myself and I don't want anyone's help to do it. I want a guy to win me with affection and love, not with money. What sort of basis is that for a relationship?" Her words, not mine, remember.

This was when we were trundling around the supermarket. We then got to the checkout and she promptly whipped out her bank card and paid for my weekly shop because she didn't want me to pay for everything everytime we went and did something together. We're going away this weekend together and she's insisting on paying half for the hotel too. I love being a sponosored farang!! :grinyes::tophat:

So does sending a few thousand baht every now and then count as sponsoring?

Qood question. :thumbup:

I don't think it does. Isn't sponsorship a regular payment, kind of like a salary would be: :dunno:

I know *if* Miss J from my trip reports recently emailed/called me and said she had some sort of problem and needed some small amount of assistance as a one-off thing, I would have no hesitation in helping her out.

I mean, if she needed 2 or 3 thousand baht for some reason, I wouldn't hesitate to help if she needed it. Jayzus, I'd spend more at the pub on a night out here in Farangland.

That's not sponsorship, that's just helping out someone whom you who have been invovled with before in some sort of relationship and feel some sort of connection with and have a certain amount of respect for. :thumbup:

So does sending a few thousand baht every now and then count as sponsoring?

I think we have had this debate before and the general conscensous was no.

I have been sending one girl money every now and then for over 5 years and i would never consider it sponsorship. I am just in a better position than her and can afford it.

Archived