is 'sponsoring' always the beginning of the end?

WorldFun

If you do it more than once, especially over 'years' it is a form of sponsorship. Yeah, I have 'loaned' friends money. Always expect to be paid back in the future when they have the funds. Never receive sex in return at a later date as 'payment' of said loan to friends.

A one off is one thing. But even occasional 'payments/loans/requests for help' or money asked for (and received) is just a milder form of sponsorship. They just aren't as greedy or needy as the others and don't push it (likely knowing it would ruin the 'relationship').

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you do it more than once, especially over 'years' it is a form of sponsorship.

Have to disagree with you there Cent.

I supported BG for 3 years while she was in Klong Prem and would not consider that sponsorship. Paid for her ID card as well. Or maybe i am in denial :(

What is Sponsorship?

If one is only an infrequent visitor to Thailand and think that a few Thousand Baht / Month is enough to keep your whore de jour out of the bar and have exclusivity then you are seriously disillusioned, but then again isn't marrage also another form of sponsorship?

I don't know if I am lucky or I am not stupid, 12 months ago I got hurt bad by the financial crisis and the wife stood by me and "Sponsored" me through it, I gave her a Louis Vuitton handbag last week with 500,000 Baht in it to pay off my debts, she just smiled and said "I knew you would do it" All based on trust.

At the end of the day if a person can afford to help another person who are we to judge, Their money Their choice.

Anyone sponsoring a TG is a sad fucking loser and deserves to lose every penny/baht/satang/cent/fil.

this is another cliché and not always true' date=' especially not if she has a proper background.

[/quote']

If she had a "proper" background (and I'm assuming decent sort of job) she'd probably be horrified and offended if you offered to sponsor her.

As my newish "friend who is more than a friend" (who is Thai from a "proper" background) here in Sydney said to me only this week when we talked about this issue:

"Sponsorship is for bar girls and girls who have no pride in what they do. I can do everything I want myself and I don't want anyone's help to do it. I want a guy to win me with affection and love, not with money. What sort of basis is that for a relationship?" Her words, not mine, remember.

This was when we were trundling around the supermarket. We then got to the checkout and she promptly whipped out her bank card and paid for my weekly shop because she didn't want me to pay for everything everytime we went and did something together. We're going away this weekend together and she's insisting on paying half for the hotel too. I love being a sponosored farang!! :grinyes::tophat:

Similar to my lady, she's always paying for things. Same attitude. Those words could have come from her.

This lady sounds nice............!

Anyone sponsoring a TG is a sad fucking loser and deserves to lose every penny/baht/satang/cent/fil.

this is another cliché and not always true' date=' especially not if she has a proper background.

[/quote']

If she had a "proper" background (and I'm assuming decent sort of job) she'd probably be horrified and offended if you offered to sponsor her.

As my newish "friend who is more than a friend" (who is Thai from a "proper" background) here in Sydney said to me only this week when we talked about this issue:

"Sponsorship is for bar girls and girls who have no pride in what they do. I can do everything I want myself and I don't want anyone's help to do it. I want a guy to win me with affection and love, not with money. What sort of basis is that for a relationship?" Her words, not mine, remember.

This was when we were trundling around the supermarket. We then got to the checkout and she promptly whipped out her bank card and paid for my weekly shop because she didn't want me to pay for everything everytime we went and did something together. We're going away this weekend together and she's insisting on paying half for the hotel too. I love being a sponosored farang!! :grinyes::tophat:

agree - good luck

Not Unnecassary just sad.

If that is their opinion of Thai females it just reflects how shallow they are!

Actually' date=' I find it to be racist. At least borderline.[/quote']

I am pretty god damned racist, and generally down on all women, but shit even I have to say it was a sweeping generalization...one i've made a few times myself...wrong perhaps, but I've done it...

Archived