is 'sponsoring' always the beginning of the end?

WorldFun

Never had and (hopefully) never will. Maybe that's the reason I'm still single :content:

To be honest I wouldn't even consider serious relationship with a girl who has once slept with me for money. All the thai girls I have known who have had respectable, reasonably paid by local standards, jobs would have been insulted if I would have offered to send them money. They've been very proud to be independent.

I have on/off relationship with a girl who has a bar backround but even with her I have never got any requests for money or paid for having sex with her. But I'm quite sure that marriage would change everything with this girl :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not forget that the girls are sponsoring the people who matter most to them - mama, papa and baby. Always a bit of a shock when a girl proudly shows you a photo of 'baby' and you find yourself looking at a 14-year old, but family seems to be everything in Thailand.

There are exceptions - one of Ms CP's friends completely ignored her kid (lived with dad, but he wasnt a Vanderbilt..) and went out and spent her 'allowance' as quickly as she could, then rang her Farang BF for more. When he inevitably told her 'no more this month !', she would turn up at the bar and work for ladydrink money and whatever she could drag back to a hotel.

Thankfully, she was the extreme end of the spectrum, but I had to laugh when she told me that her BF was an ever bigger butterfly than she was. Exactly what he was paying for continues to elude me - nothing about her life appeared any richer for the money she was pulling in.

Aint it always the way. Just how many disasters are there, plying their trade, for a means to an end, but what end?

The end is... money. It is all about money. No matter what it is spent on by the woman once she gets the money, it is all about money, or in addition, about finding a man who will take care of them, which includes the guy having money. No matter how nice the girl is as a person, no matter what her agenda is, she is working for money, whether the money is for the present moment, or money for the future, it is still about money.

How one man wants to spend his money is up to him in my opinion. Saying that though I feel sponsorship is a fool's game and a waste of... money. But it is money that a guy wants to spend and it is his to spend any way he feels like doing so. Up to him I feel. I do feel though that it does no real good for the guy, really, and gains him little, if any, advantages. Many would be better off just saving the money to have a better trip over, earlier trip over/back, more money to spend on himself. All just MHO.

Some of the amounts of money I see and hear of being sent to BGs is totally ludicrous in my mind. And it gains the men no extra advantages really and most of the BG 'players' that get sponsored are usually sponsored by more than one guy. SO where then is the guy's 'advantage' for doing so? Most, the vast majority, of BGs being sponsored are not being 'faithful' to their 'sponsor', still working (whether in A bar, or massage parlor, or freelancing), and the money sent is usually not being spent on anything but frivolous crap that helps no one in any way I see that is a 'good' value for the monies sent.

To me it is more than a bit delusional for what most guys think the money is being spent on, and/or an ego thing for some.

Archived