Check Ups.....How Often

bust

Another thread prompted me to ask the question.

How often do you go for a check-up at the Docs

Personally every six months. Have all the blood test done. Main 2 reasons being I am very conscientious about remaining STD free and my liver needs close monitoring. Have to return shortly for a prostate examination :( as I am past the age of 40 and entering the accelerating risk band.

The last physical that I had was in 1971, and only because the college that I was going to attend required it. In the subsequent years, I have seen a doctor in the U.S. twice and in Thailand 4-5 times (when I had my motorcycle accident). I think that I will wait 17 months and make it an even 40 years between physicals. I inherited my father's genes, who I can't remember having to go to a doctor until his late 70's. I did forget to mention that I give blood regularly and they do check temperature and colesteral (sp) levels, so I do get at least that checked regularly.

Same here S1 at least my proctologist was a thai female and the evil empire paid for that pleasure :neener:

The Pulmanory Function Tests shocked me last time around, I have been smoking ciggies and illegals for more than 30 years yet I still show over 120% capacity. Liver functional tests are showing average now I have managed to control my alcohol consumption yet again (my demon). STD / HIV results are secondary to me. I never chose to have annual medicals but work / medical insurance dicates the neccesaty, actually piece of mind to know I am healthier than my lifestyle dictates. I enjoy a Low Cholesteral / High Carbrohdrate diet out of taste nothing to do with healthy choice, plus the fact I am a useless cook and Pasta is one of the few things I don't screw up.

Personally I would reccomend a full medical to anyone approaching their 50's. Even if the results are not to your liking the knowledge of such could extend your life further into your twighlight years, at the end of the day the best part of earning money is to live and enjoy spending it~

Archived