Visa for TG to Germany?

radioman

From my VERY limited experience in these matters I would be interested if someone might offer a comment or two.

A friend, really, has a sponsor, sort of, who is offering her a holiday in Germany. She has a passport and has visited a few other Asian countries, not all with him, but seems to think that a visa to Germany is just a formality. My own opinion is that there is somewhat more to it than that and I had thought, perhaps wrongly, that simple visit visas to EU for TG's were very much more than just a formality. I think the guy has visited Thailand a couple of times over the last year or so but that's about all, other contact seems to be just a few sms's a week, maybe a phonecall here and there.

She asks for an opinion and I like to be as honest as I can. Is it likely she would easily get a visa? Yes she has worked as a BG, no she has no obvious visible means of support (no real job). Bank accounts shows funds but not large and only semi regular

Thanks.

my understanding is that she is UNLIKELY to get a schengen/eu short visit visa (up to 90 days) easily especially at german embassy bkk!

especially if she can NOT show any convincing reason(s) why she would return to LOS after her visit & if her birth/resident province/district is one of the 'infamous' BG ones.

typical good reasons are children (left in LOS), land/property, good job (with reassurance she can work there when returning)...

further more she need to prove a clear, long & convincing relationship to the sponsor who will invite her there so that is just the 2 main comments to make :)

Yes I have personal (succesful) experiences & also know of many troublesome/rejected attempts as well as this specific embassy is one of the most notorious in bkk perhaps apart from UK/US...

good luck!!!

my understanding is that she is UNLIKELY to get a schengen/eu short visit visa (up to 90 days) easily especially at german embassy bkk!

Slightly OT, but it is clear that the strict visa rules are being enforced since several years.

There are virtually no young Thai girls working as prostitutes in Germany anymore. With a few exceptions almost all Thai professionals are over 30 now. And some look like having reached the end of their shelf life in Pattaya already.

Meanwhile the TG are substituted by Polish or Romanian girls...

:(

Thanks guys, seems both replies are re-inforcing what I was thinking that this will be a hard sell to the embassy unless some specfic conditions are met, unlikely in her case. Not an Issan girl but up country non the less and no obvious reason to return, no kids, no job etc. Now I have to put this nicely to her though in fact I'm not real convinced she wants to go that much anyway, just the thought of the cash that would likely go with such a trip.

Archived