Non-Thai news revisited

khunsanuk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Came back from a trip upcountry this morning and just finished reading all the comments on this issue.

Several people referenced the results of the poll (CTO's poll), but my suggestion / decision was not an option in that poll.

Anyway, I am willing to discuss this if a majority doesn't like it so here's a new poll with just 2 options.

Sanuk!

KS,

Why did you not follow the results of the poll, you started? I voted, ALL NON THAI NEWS.

Thinking, otherwise it amounts to Censorship.

For me, if the subject is not of interest, I do not need to read it.

Hi' date='

Came back from a trip upcountry this morning and just finished reading all the comments on this issue.

Several people referenced the results of the poll (CTO's poll), but my suggestion / decision was not an option in that poll.

Anyway, I am willing to discuss this if a majority doesn't like it so here's a new poll with just 2 options.

Sanuk!

[/quote']

KS,

Why did you not follow the results of the poll, you started? I voted, ALL NON THAI NEWS.

Thinking, otherwise it amounts to Censorship.

For me, if the subject is not of interest, I do not need to read it.

Maybe he will when he decides that the poll has run its course.

However as for censorship, it is his board and he can decide what he wants.

P.S. I notice that you're not a board sponsor?

I voted all. Hate American politics, worse politics in the world and all American politicians are fuckin retarded, Republicans and Democrats alike. American politics is responsible for probably 99% of the problems in the world with the other 1% being caused by that stupid one eyed sweaty sock Gordon Brown.

I still voted 'all' though because I believe in free speech.

Again a political discussion, but this time a pseudo discussion about "freedom of speech". Just for those who might missed it: This is KS's board, it has the freedom KS agrees to, and we had all agreed to the rules when we signed up for the board.

This thread is not about freedom of speech at all, but how to deal with annoying political threads and if they should be kept or not. It's that simple.

From the Forum rules: :deal:

Finally, this is a Sanuk board that primarily deals with the 'fun' side of things Thai. All measures will be taken to ensure it remains so. If you have political, religious, or other 'issues' of a controversial nature that you need to preach about, there are more 'serious' boards out there that can accommodate you and your message. [color:red]Our goal here is to keep things light and fun.[/color]

If even this threads derails into a fight between right- and left wing US board members...

[color:red]Remember that thread on smoking?[/color] That thread got picked up and spun for all it was worth. The thread should not have been allowed to exist - but it existed.

[color:red]Why?[/color]

I suspect the reason is there was nothing else going on the board.

[color:red]For CTO, Mekong and others that are opposed to certain threads:[/color] Why not start threads that are interesting?

American politics are great because it is marketed like any other consumer good. It lets you pick a side and more often than not, once you've picked your team, it is pretty obvious which side you should take on an issue. On conflicting issues, you just think about which thing would piss off the other side the most and go that way.

The other obvious issue is that whether we care to admit it or not, American politics dominates world politics. Not only because it is the most influential nation in the world but because of the wacky ways it wields that influence.

IMO, this is more of a social networking site for people interested/related to Thailand than a site about Thailand. It's good sport and theater to argue politics.

Maybe he will when he decides that the poll has run its course.

However as for censorship, it is his board and he can decide what he wants.

P.S. I notice that you're not a board sponsor?

It's his board, and he can do what he wants, and it is called "Censorship".

Censorship is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient.

No, I am not a board sponsor, are you implying, I do not have a right to an opion, that also would be censorship? Now, if KS, does not want for me to post, he can stop it, I am sure.

Archived