Aah, the psychotic jealousy ...

gobbledonk

Ms CP knows about almost every woman I've been with in Thailand, largely by virtue of the fact that she stood on Soi or in various bars glaring at them while they drank my beer and laughed at my lame attempts at humour. Unlike CP, they were able to mimic someone actually enjoying themselves. CTO knows one of the few that escaped her powers of observation, but I had her photo on my phone with a few others from my earliest weeks in Thailand - whats to hide ?

Of course, now that she has left that life behind for the glamourous life of a stall owner (!), her fellow workmates are mostly regarded with a superior attitude that I find pretty pathetic, but there you go. None of this has been a problem, until tonite.

She will routinely hand the phone to one of her friends in the middle of a conversation, no introduction - slightly embarrassed TG, halting English, pleasantries exchanged, yada yada - but tonight I found myself listening to a vaguely familiar voice, very good English, albeit with the predictable disdain for prepositions intact, and it was the usual BG pstter:

Gobbledonk, how are you ? Havent seen you for *long time* (tee hee) - I miss you - when you come back to Thailand ? etc etc

It was only when Ms Crazypants came back on the phone that I realised that this wasnt one of her friends - far from it - and that I was in the shit. This is the email that followed very soon after:

I know that you are old already and you always forget things easily and one day you'll forget me. Can you remember that you have a girlfriend in Thailand? What is her name? Honey I went to beauty salon and I accidentally met her there, she asked me about you, then you called me that's why you could talk to her.

I've turned the phone off - CP keeps texting me shit - and I'll just leave her to come to her senses, but it pisses me off. Does she really think I would put myself through this BS with *other* Thai women ? I'm arguably the laziest man on earth - its all I can do to get out of bed in the morning- who the hell has the energy to string two women along ? I've told her several times to get a Gik and get this BS out of her system, but I still get the freakin Buddhist nun crap.

Of course, logic would dictate that my 'girlfriend' might just have my number - why would she waltz into a salon, act chummy to a girl who she knew was a borderline nutter when it came to protecting her 'pot of gold' and want to speak to me ? Head games, pure and simple, but why CP handed her the phone completely escapes me - the last Farang woman I was with would have told her to get knotted. Its that 'lets play nice, even if we want to claw one anothers eyes out' civility that still stuns me - maybe I've lived with ferals for too many years, but you know where you stand with most of them. :)

This just in:

I just kidding you becaus I'm afraid that you'll forget me. Ok I'm going to shopping now. I'm happy now and don't want to be moody. Bye shopping now

The girl was one of her old barmates, back in the bar after things didnt work out with some guy in Norway (hence the marked improvement in her English, I assume ?). Inevitably, this will rear its head again, and I know she's not kidding when she waits outside my hotel room for 6 hours. There will be a reckoning, and I wont be 'kidding' either - till then, we'll just pretend this never happened.

Ah, so you have a girl very likely growing up in fairly extreme poverty, out of the usual dysfunctional family that are so prevalent in that social-economic class, and for whatever reason ended up as a Nana Hotel parking lot free-lancer after a career in whatever bar(s) and you wonder why she may have relationship problems?

:surprised:

It does make having a relationship with such a woman intersting though, doesn't it? :)

TH

LOL - she was never a Nana freelancer ! I actually miss those gals though, so I guess thats a fair assumption. She's lazy, no question, but I doubt that she could freelance. Still, get hungry enough and anything is possible, I guess.

For all her madness, she still makes me laugh.

Archived