Clearing memory on PC? HELP

Abe

Well then,

go to control panel - internet options..

On the gerneral tab there are settings for temporary internet files. Check the value for chache size. 50MB might be a bit small. 250MB usually enough.

Then select to delete temporary files. No need to delete cookies and such, just the temp files.

Maybe that helps.

How To for IE6

No offence, unless you have applications that only run with an older IE there's no reason not to update to IE8. If you're using a legit version of whatever Windows you're on.

It is difficult to be sure what is causing your problem, but I am going to hazard a guess. I suspect you are starting a bunch of downloads, and some are freezing part way through. Once you have two frozen downloads, no other downloads will start. The frozen downloads will eventually resolve themselves, at which point you can download again normally. See this link for how to increase the number of simultaneous downloads in IE 6, thus probably eliminating the symptoms you are seeing: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282402

I would suggest increasing from two to five.

thanx BrimTim. Hope this works! Don't know if I should change,upgrade the browser though as Carlton suggested,no offence, shouldn't help my PC. Pentium 4. bought it in 2002. Don't think it would help this antique PC either. Just waiting for a deal on dual processor around P7350 and up Blue ray,mega-hard drive HD screen 15.6 laptop. I found one last week at best buy but processor were only 4300 for $640. take care abe

Archived