Sign in to follow this  
Abe

Clearing memory on PC? HELP

Hey there. When downloading bunch of pics online,one often runs into a problem. Can't download anymore. Why is this? because you'd used up memory or something! Someone once told me that you can clear it(whatever it is)and continue to work online without this problem-Sluggishness. Just slowing down everything. HOW DO YOU RESOLVE THIS? Help is needed here. Thank you. Hope all of you are doing well. ABE :(

IMO...

1. add more memory

2. increase your HD cache size

3. to clear the memory, use the Task Manager to locate the memory hog process and if possible, end the process.

Heythere. Not so much the memory space on the hard drive cause I have plenty(1 TB). I'm referring to virtual memory I think. While surfing the pics to download, it uses my virutual memory space. I have 3 gigs but clogs it up when surfing. thanx. abe

To adjust the virtual memory size, right click on the computer icon, click properties, click advanced, then performance setting, and then click advanced, then click change. (this is for Vista) You can now increse it. Mine is set for 4 GB and I've had no problems like those you describe.

Abe,

you're using IE, Firefox or Opera?

I guess it's more to do with limited space for temporary files.

3GB Ram should be enough RAM. Next time you get the problem start task manager and check if there's still physical memory available and how much of virtual RAM is used.

If you are using FireFox, clear the Downloads window.

The folder you are downloading to may have hundreds of photos (files). Select a different empty folder to download photos.

Yeah. It continues to happen. I've saved in a brand new folder with nothing in it but after downloading approximately 15 pics, it doesn't do anything. I clidk on it and it won't open and even when the pics opens I'm unable to save as pics. Maybe carlton is right. Is it the temp files? How do I enlarge the size of Temp files. I've been to Temp files but there's no way of expanding the file. thanx abe

Hi guys. Just noticed something. When I left this site after posting a question and went back to the PICS site, I was able to download pics again. what's going on?????? have no idea. Do you? abe