A BG room for a foreigner?

radioman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok that was my bad. Referring to a 'BG' type apartment was simply to set the tone of the sort of place I meant since I guessed , rightly or wrongly, that a few on here would recognise the sort of place I meant but put another way then really just a simple apartment in the 4-7k a month bracket depending on facilities.

I did know a place up near TCC where the rooms were quite nice, newish had flush toilets in the bathroom and aircon that were going for about 4500 a month plus electricity. For a number of reasons I don't want to go back to that specific area but looking for something similar.

I have a few leads now and will check them out over the next couple of weeks.

Guilty m'lud. It seems to be a, well slang is all I can suggest, term suggesting that the speaker spoke incorrectly as you noted.

It would seem that there are two schools of thought regarding the English language, one that states 'rules is rules'and the language is defined within very strict bounds and should be maintained as such, variations and additions should be managed by those with the knowledge to pronounce on them. The other school simply seems to use whatever it feels works in a given situation and to hang with the consequences if it gets used erroneously.

Not sure which school I fall into, probably depends on booze quotient.

Cav, assume you talking about soi 41? agree with you thought about it being ok as I used to live there. Our apartment was 7,500B a month not bad, quiet soi, free cable tv, pool and as you mentioned Tops supermarket at junction with Sukhumvit. Also very handy for the BTS.

Simie.

Buddha, yes we where in River Court as well! River Place next door as well of course. The place was'nt anything fancy but I liked it there and a great location as well IMHO. Only down side was that it used to get very hot in our apartment during the day and had to use quite a bit of air con. But that used to effect the wife more than me as I was often away working. But have fond memories of the place and in many ways preferd it to the bigger more expensive apartment we had previously.

Simie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
While I agree with TH partiay, Meechai Mansion near Fortune fits the BAr Girl description.

Has a pool and is dirt cheap - moto or subway to Suk

Haha, ah yes, Meechai Mansion...brings back memories. A fine (though very basic) place, I lived there 2004-2005, 4,500 (not including utilities) if memory serves...furnished with aircon, just off of Ratchada Soi 1, easy walk to the subway (Rama IX stop).

Aaah, Soi 22. Memories of emerging from Liberty to be ambushed by Ms CP while trying to enjoy a coffee in Green Parrot. Some of you might know the owner, Dick (or is it Rick ? same-same) - he also owns the Green Parrot bar on Soi 33. Not sure how well things are going for any bar/cafe owner right now - sad times.

Archived