Bier Garden Alternatives?

MachAF

So it sounds like Bier Garden on Soi 7 is no longer the place it use to be.

I really enjoyed going there during the afternoon and evenings.

What places are good alternative too Bier Garden? Thermae seems to be a late night place only?

I read on Stickman that Bier Garden no longer has all the young ladies, due to management changed from the owner passing on.

I'll be going to Bangkok in November and looking for the new hot spots during the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have heard from 2 sources that they have heard the BG will be shutting down but not for a while. Apparently, the son of the old owner who died isn't fond of the clientele. Maybe just speculation but if true it is one more nail in the freelance coffin. One source was a farang, the other a bg who pretty much lives there.

It has always astounded me that BGS7 is pretty much the only place that daytime FL congregate in any numbers (of course the Suk Soi 5-7 stretch is getting pretty crowded now).

They've thrown a lot of money (to no great improvement) at the place in the last few years - 'lot' being relative here compared to how much they used to spend in the days when the roof leaked like a sieve and before televisions replaced the cockatoo for entertainment.

The big mistake was making the upstairs into a pool room. If they'd put short-time rooms up there they would have made a mint - revolving doors would have been required.

Archived