Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

Latest from The Galt's site. Seems he will be in court today, defending himself without a lawyer present for his defense.

-----------------------

Update Oct 26th: This the night before the next critical court date and I see that 500 of you came to the side yesterday to get some fresh word from me. 500! I'm a bit surprised that I still have this many stopping by for a visit even though everything has been completely stripped from the web site. I will make every effort to be here with the results of this next hearing. I consider this a "good vs. evil" event. It's clear that a number of supporters are rallying around my position. Will that be enough? Or is there money and influence peddling going on behind the scene to insure my demise? I will stand in court tomorrow without a lawyer. Some consider this a weak position -- until you realize that lawyers in this country are a bit flimsy. They don't like to argue. I would rather have control of my own destiny than leave it up to someone else who is not personally motivated to win. Our Evil Real Estate guy serves it up mean and nasty. I would not be surprised if others across the table from him at a court would want to get the hell out of the way. Taking him on requires a fighting disposition. Up until this point - only he has been allowed to talk (between the two of us). Tomorrow I get my turn to speak and I'm looking forward to it. JG.

Posted Oct 24th: I have to hold my tongue for another couple of days. This Tuesday is the next hearing for me against the infamous Pattaya Real Estate Broker.

This court date could be a make or break event. The law is solidly behind me. But - the court doesn't have to accept that (yea, that's right people). You just keep that mind the next time you do anything here in Thailand that may require litigation. The appearance is that the court picks and chooses what they do using the law as a guideline...

On one hand that can be very bad for litigants in a weak position. On the other hand, this can be a very powerful opening for outside influences.

Will the Galt be put in jail? This may occur on Tuesday. If this message is not updated by Tuesday the 27th, 5pm Bangkok time, then I am in jail.

As a farang, there would be nothing you could do about it. Not one thing. A Bangkok official might be able to spring me. But very unlikely anything short of that.

I've been making my plans... I am organized. I'm ready to stand my ground. Let's see how the judge responds to the issues.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived